clint87

Re: Logitech Media Server / Raspbian

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi allthingspi,

Thanks for your how to guide, very usefull.

Unfortunately, the command :
wget http://allthingspi.webspace.virginmedia ... ian.tar.gz

is not update.

I have the following response :
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 not found
Error 404 : not found

Can you help me ?

milhouse

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 pm

clint87 wrote:Hi allthingspi,

Thanks for your how to guide, very usefull.

Unfortunately, the command :
wget http://allthingspi.webspace.virginmedia ... ian.tar.gz

is not update.

I have the following response :
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 not found
Error 404 : not found

Can you help me ?
Working here.

castalla

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Bit of an old thread ... given the popularity of Squeezeplug - but I'm just reporting that the LMS install works without too much problem on armV7 with a Cubieboard (as does squeezelite).

Killerbee

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Hello

I am happy LMS user for more than one year. I run LMS on my "raspbian" pi.
I followed this howto http://allthingspi.webspace.virginmedia.com/lms.php.
After a dist-upgrade (23-02-2013) LMS won't start anymore.

When I run squeezeboxserver --d_startup I get the next errormessage.

Code: Select all

Can't load '/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so' for module Media::Scan: libmediascan.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl/5.14/DynaLoader.pm line 184.
 at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Scanner/LMS.pm line 18
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Scanner/LMS.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Scanner/LMS.pm line 18.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Commands.pm line 46.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 434.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 434.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Client.pm line 32.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Alarm.pm line 48.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Alarm.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Buttons/Alarm.pm line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Buttons/Alarm.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Buttons/Common.pm line 41.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Buttons/Common.pm line 41.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 186.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 186.
I checked if the link to libmediascan.so.0 exists using ldconfig -v.

/usr/local/lib:
        libmediascan.so.0 -> libmediascan.so.0.0.0
        libfaad.so.2 -> libfaad.so.2.0.0
ls -al libmedia* shows

root@pisces:/usr/local/lib# ls -al libmedia*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff     36 Jul 11  2012 libmediascan.so -> /usr/local/lib/libmediascan.so.0.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff     36 Jul 11  2012 libmediascan.so.0 -> /usr/local/lib/libmediascan.so.0.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff 850273 Jul  6  2012 libmediascan.so.0.0.0
So it seems that the links and the libmediascan file is there

Does anybody know how to fix this error?

Thanks in advance
KB

milhouse

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Also just did an apt-get upgrade of Raspbian, and been hit by this same LMS error... not a Perl guru so not obvious to me what the problem is, everything seems to check out...

milhouse

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Problem solved (thanks to Killerbee) - just run:

sudo ldconfig
and all should be well again (well, it worked for me!)

My guess is that Perl isn't using the filesystem but instead the stored/cached links (which are out of date, and need to be updated hence ldconfig) in order to work out where its libraries are.

Edit: Just realised it's Killerbee with the problem (again)... :)

perplu

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:35 am

Have put all the test information below only as additional context. TEST 3 below is a working solution for synchronised music play-back to multiple audio devices running Squeezelite.

The only issue noted is that the volume is much quieter in TEST 3 than in TEST 2. Don't quite know why this was. Will need to investigate. But - the solution seems to be use Squeezelite, Raspberry PI stuck on the back of powered speakers in each room of the house. The ony down-side is the Squeeze Server interface could do with a refresh - its a bit tired. Useful also is that there are two android apps that are OK for use as a remote control.

SETUP:
DS 109+
All music FLAC.

AIRPLAY TEST:
Three airplay receivers setup:
- Android 2.3 with AirBubble
- Shairport on Raspberry PI - http://jordanburgess.com/post/389864343 ... pi-airplay
- Windows 7 Laptop with Shairport4W

TEST 1:
Played to all from DS Audio.
No music played; Raspberry crashes.

TEST 2:
Played simultaneously to all from MusicBee with Remote Speakers Out add-in installed and all three airplay receivers selected.
Music played OK, but not in sync.

SQUEEZE-SERVER TEST:
Two squeeze receivers setup:
Squeezelite on Windows 7 Laptop.
Squeezelite on Raspberry PI http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 38&t=25778 . Audio was out via Raspberry HDMI port to Onkyo receiver.

TEST 3:
Played same track simultaneously from DS NAS Squeeze and all in sync to both Squeeze receivers. Could also play to multiple audio devices the same track synchronised using either of two android apps on my smartphone running android 2.3.

Killerbee

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 am

milhouse wrote:Problem solved (thanks to Killerbee) - just run:

sudo ldconfig
and all should be well again (well, it worked for me!)

My guess is that Perl isn't using the filesystem but instead the stored/cached links (which are out of date, and need to be updated hence ldconfig) in order to work out where its libraries are.

Edit: Just realised it's Killerbee with the problem (again)... :)
Yes you are right but this time it didn't solve my problem :(

Killerbee

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 am

Ok solved it by running this commands (found in this thread):

sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libmediascan.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib/libmediascan.so.0
sudo ldconfig
KB

milhouse

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Yep, I already had that symlink before the update.

rascalg

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi,

I have just migrated my LMS to my Pi using allthingspi's great instructions, it appears to be working really well, however the web interface doesn't seem to be able to load any images, album artwork or even the interface gifs and pngs (eg "html/images/artists_25x25.png" for the artist icon). The interface icon files are all on the Pi in the correct location. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks!

Ian

ld4lpha

Thu May 09, 2013 7:41 pm

This is great; thank you!

One question: are apps working for anybody on the RPi? I cannot get any of my apps to work (Pandora, etc.), and communication with mysqueezebox.com doesn't seem to exist. This may require an actual Squeezebox device to work though. ??

Anybody have insight into this?

Thanks!
LD

mikeparris

Sat May 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi,

I am having a problem with the setup as detailed by All Things Pi. Instructions 1 to 8 run perfectly. I can restart the server OK, but when I try to browse to the LMS I get a reply "could not connect to 192.168.1.75:9000". A basic web server error.

I have used the Wheezy Soft Float operating system.

Anyone any ideas what's wrong, or how to diagnose?

Mike Parris

castalla

Sun May 12, 2013 1:02 am

Assuming that you have the correct address (?), it suggests that LMS is not running. Why use the soft float? Almost everybody uses the hard-float.

A quick test - login and run top - you should see LMS appear as a service. If it's not there then it isn't running.

mikeparris

Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply Castalla,

Yes the IP address is correct,as it is the one I use to SSH into the Pi. I can also connect using VNC Viewer using this address.

I am using the soft float version as I have another app I want to run on this machine that uses Mono, which does not work with the hard float.

I tried Top and found that squeezeboxserver is in the list of running applications. It seems a bit strange in that there is more than one instance, but maybe this is correct.

Mike

milhouse

Sun May 12, 2013 8:36 pm

If LMS is crashing, there may be something useful written to /var/log/squeezeboxserver/server.log.

tail the end of /var/log/squeezeboxserver/server.log here and someone maybe be able to offer a suggestion, though I'd suspect it's the mixture of hard-float/soft-float that is the problem, as the patch copies in "arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int" to "/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/", and from the name of this file I'm guessing this is meant for hard-float installations.

castalla

Sun May 12, 2013 10:41 pm

I agree - what does the log say?

There should only be one instance of LMS running.

mikeparris

Mon May 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Found the problem.

All things pointed to the problem being the soft float, so I built a new LMS on a hard float Rasbian and this ran OK.

I found an experimental Mono install for a hard float Pi here - http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... p?p=310016

I will now give this a try so I can integrate my Mono app with LMS.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

frhol123

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Hey,

Can anyone confirm if triode's spotify is working now?
I'm successfully running allthingspi's setup: It's a lot faster than on my Synology NAS and my library is playing great on both duet and radio. But when trying to play spotify I get "Bad Player Error -1".

Is this related to the hardfloat/softfloat "libspotify 12 for hardfloat armv6 (Raspberry Pi) beta" here: http://devnews.spotify.com/2013/01/22/l ... y-pi-beta/

Or something easier, like chown or something?

The spotify-test fails only in the last step..

Thanks for any help on this! :)

Fred

EDIT: Sorry, it was blocked in the security settings. So tip for anyone else experiencing it is removing ip, block etc. in advanced settings - Security :)

Gerrelt

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:28 pm

I've used allthingspi instruction to install the LMS server, and everything works great! Thank you for the tutorial, allthingspi!

One note though: the logitech site now provides a newer version, 7.7.3.
So I used this instead of the 7.7.2 part mentioned in the tutorial:

wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.7.3/logitechmediaserver_7.7.3_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.7.3_all.deb 
Seems to work OK.
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl

castalla

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Just a tip ...

If you attempt to update LMS by just doing a dpkg -i [newversion] then you'll find it screws up. You have to follow the whole AllThingsPi routine again for an update.

c_williamson

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:08 pm

I have a problem I can't seem to resolve. I have read through this entire post and dont see any one with the same problem. I an new to the pi and have not used comand line input since msdos on an 80/86 so rasbian is very new to me. (Programming experience level- trained monkey). So here goes. LMS installed on Rpi per allthingspi instructions. After a small hickup due to my typing skills LMS is started and found by web browser. LMS dose not find any players. On the player it shows "wifi connecting" and the correct address for my rpi but never connects. It is probable I entered information from the directions wrong. I do not even know where to start to trouble shoot.

c_williamson

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:24 am

I think this tech has out smarted me.....
I reflashed a copy of the os reupdated and started all over......
now I cant reach lms by the web browser and the CPU meter is maxed out and staying that way till LMS is stopped. Thank you all for all your hard work. I will remain frustrated till a smarter man (or woman) bails me out.

thanks again
CW

c_williamson

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:23 am

:o :D :lol: 8-)

Ok so i have a.d.d. and i don't like to lose! I have been working nonstop between posts. between the last one and now I took a break, watched Star Trek the movie, (the most recent one) and had a couple beers. I then reloaded all the libriaries per all things pi instructions, ldconfig (cuz it solved other peoples problems), and punched in the chown -R (cuz it sounds cool) and BOOM! it is working 100%. I am sure I missed a step or typed in some thing wrong. I am a carpenter so I get paid to use a hammer not a key board. Any way thanks again for all the work you guys put into making this thing run. You should pat your selves on the back if some one has not done it for you.

Thanks
CW

crochat

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi,

I'm totally novice. Can someone tell me how I can set the media folder in LMS if music is stored on an external HDD? I tried some sort of mount, but it got me nowhere...

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”