Can you explain that in detail please ?
1) You are running latest Rasbian , correct ?
2) You have installed VLC via apt-get , correct ?
3) You tried to play videos with VLC and they were
choppy/unusable , correct ?
4) Then you enabled hardware acceleration (where ?) and then at
least 720p videos started playing in a usable manner , correct ?
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org