cluscombe

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi Mike

I would like to ask for a feature request.
I request 2 new actions to be created.

$SET_ACTIVE_PLAYLIST
Loads playlist from specified file

$SET_ACTIVE_SKIN
Load specified skin file, changing the currently active skin

This would enable external scripts to change skin/playlist based on dates like xmas, halloween ,etc by triggering gpio flags without restarting fruitbox.

it should also be able to create a script to detect if a usb device has been plugged in and reload skin/playlist.

Thank you for all your time and effort.

I really hope you would consider this request.

Cheers
Claude

fruitbox

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:19 am

dako44 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:36 pm
Another question for ya, would it be possible to have fruitbox reset when it detects a USB drive being plugged in?

I have a if statement set up right now so that whenever the Pi restarts it deletes the fruitbox.db file, so that if you inserted a USB key with different songs on it, the db file would be regenerated for the new list of songs on reboot and all the songs are refreshed.

Problem is, I would like to be able to run this set of commands when the Pi detects a USB device being plugged in, that way it saves some time and doesn't need a reboot.

I tried a suggestion by SGKINI on this forum ---> viewtopic.php?t=41056
but it didn't seem to do what I wanted it to.
Hi again,

That's much harder, and not something I think I could do without some dirty hacky code I'm afraid.

Mike

fruitbox

Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:48 am

cluscombe wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:37 pm
Hi Mike

I would like to ask for a feature request.
I request 2 new actions to be created.

$SET_ACTIVE_PLAYLIST
Loads playlist from specified file

$SET_ACTIVE_SKIN
Load specified skin file, changing the currently active skin

This would enable external scripts to change skin/playlist based on dates like xmas, halloween ,etc by triggering gpio flags without restarting fruitbox.

it should also be able to create a script to detect if a usb device has been plugged in and reload skin/playlist.

Thank you for all your time and effort.

I really hope you would consider this request.

Cheers
Claude
Ah, not so simple changes, so won't be able to do them for next release (v2.00), but I'll add them to the list for future release after that.

Cheers
Mike

cluscombe

Sun May 02, 2021 5:53 am

Thank you Mike!

maty87

Mon May 17, 2021 8:42 am

hi i finally managed to get my pi and try and run fruitbox when loading the os after choose skin i get cant find any songs and then it goes to the comand line boot asking for user and password i tried the norm is this set something different

tia Mat
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

maty87

Mon May 17, 2021 5:24 pm

My bad helps if you spell rasberry right ✅ 😆
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

maty87

Mon May 17, 2021 5:54 pm

getting some where slowly lol ive modifed the cfg file to load from usb and set it to mount usb dosnt find the mp3s on the usb stick this is the error i get

ERROR: Can't find any MP3 songs (are the 'MusicPath' settings in your config correct?)

here is the cfg file

[general]
SkinName = WallJuke
SkinSize = 1024 768
Database = ../fruitbox.db
MusicPath = ../mnt/usb/
SortSongsBy = Title
SortSongsBy = Artist
SelectButtons = ABCDE
SelectButtons = 1234
AutoSelect = Yes
SelectTimeout = 150
SelectHoldTimeout = 150
AutoPageTurnTime = 3000
MaxPlaylistLength = 20
LoopPlaylist = no
AutoPlay = yes
AutoPlayGap = 10
PlaysPerCoin1 = 0
SongsPerPage = 2

heres the usb set to load on boot

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
PARTUUID=6c586e13-01 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
PARTUUID=6c586e13-02 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
/dev/sda1 /mnt/usb vfat defaults,nofail 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/usb vfat defaults 0 0
# a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here
# use dphys-swapfile swap[on|off] for that

heres my drive listed so it must be mounted
sda 8:0 1 14.9G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 1 16M 0 part /mnt/usb
└─sda2 8:2 1 14.8G 0 part

tia Mat
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

cluscombe

Mon May 17, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi Mat

Check your config again.

../mnt/usb/ from file MusicPath and /mnt/usb/ from the drives listed is not the same thing.

Note: filenames for 'Database' and 'MusicPath' parameters have
file paths relative to the directory fruitbox was run from.

Hope this help you,

Cheers

maty87

Tue May 18, 2021 6:12 am

cluscombe wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:52 pm
Hi Mat

Check your config again.

../mnt/usb/ from file MusicPath and /mnt/usb/ from the drives listed is not the same thing.

Note: filenames for 'Database' and 'MusicPath' parameters have
file paths relative to the directory fruitbox was run from.

Hope this help you,

Cheers
Ok will have another look when get home does the database need to be in same location as the mp3s

Thanks again
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

maty87

Tue May 18, 2021 8:46 pm

i had another play when i got home i found that my usb stick was showing under the following path /media/pi/JUKEBOX/Music not the /mnt/usb location in the folder tree as ive named my usb stick JUKEBOX and folder Music on there with the mp3s in so i tried setting the music path to ../media/pi/JUKEBOX/Music/ still had error so to see if theres something im doing wrong maybe i copied the few mp3s over to the Music folder under home/pi/Music and that has loaded succsesfully

so where am i going wrong what am i missing out on the music path ???

thanks and thanks in advacne
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

cluscombe

Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 pm

It seems your problem is with the dots infront.

./some_file means run some_file in the current directory. ../some_file means run some file in the parent directory
just a /somedir/somefile means from the root of the filesystem.

try using
MusicPath = /media/pi/JUKEBOX/Music

and not
MusicPath = ../media/pi/JUKEBOX/Music

maty87

Wed May 19, 2021 6:17 am

cluscombe wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 pm
It seems your problem is with the dots infront.

./some_file means run some_file in the current directory. ../some_file means run some file in the parent directory
just a /somedir/somefile means from the root of the filesystem.

try using
MusicPath = /media/pi/JUKEBOX/Music

and not
MusicPath = ../media/pi/JUKEBOX/Music
ahh cheers for that that makes some sense now why it didnt work will try again when get home

also on the pre done image i cant get out of fruitbox to pi desktop but i can if i run fruitbox from installing it on another sd card imaged with the desk top and installing and running via terminal

cheers again much apprictated
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

maty87

Wed May 19, 2021 10:44 pm

Didnt get round to testing tonight but re flashed my card and got it running first before playing with settings and tried to get it working through my 5 inch screen too one thing ive noticed is it runs slow ive set it to 256 do i up that or could it be or also be aswell that im using an old 8gb card thats not a fast read or write card will have another play tomorrow i do have a 64gb class 10 i think it is would this help

Cheers
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

bailey0287

Fri May 21, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi. I've got everything working on the Jukebox and all the tracks are showing up correctly but if I scroll through all the pages I then get the same amount listed as Unknown Artist / Unknown Title. For example if I have 15 songs I then get another 15 "Unknown Title" which are not selectable. Any idea why this is?

keefypee

Sat May 22, 2021 5:51 am

bailey0287 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:56 pm
Hi. I've got everything working on the Jukebox and all the tracks are showing up correctly but if I scroll through all the pages I then get the same amount listed as Unknown Artist / Unknown Title. For example if I have 15 songs I then get another 15 "Unknown Title" which are not selectable. Any idea why this is?
Hi. Fruitbox gets the mp3 title / artist from the file's metadata, not from the file name. You can add the missing info by right clicking each file, then adding the title / artist info, or use a program such as MP3Tag to fill in the 'blanks'.

bailey0287

Mon May 24, 2021 2:37 pm

Yes I'm aware it gets the info from the metadata and I've used Mp3tag software so all the songs on the USB stick show up correctly. The issue is that I'm getting a duplicate number of entries which just say "Unknown Artist" "Unknown Title". Just to clarify... If I have 15 songs on the stick, they all show up correctly but after those I then get another 15 entries showing "Unknown Title". Any ideas why?

fruitbox

Mon May 24, 2021 10:38 pm

bailey0287 wrote:
Yes I'm aware it gets the info from the metadata and I've used Mp3tag software so all the songs on the USB stick show up correctly. The issue is that I'm getting a duplicate number of entries which just say "Unknown Artist" "Unknown Title". Just to clarify... If I have 15 songs on the stick, they all show up correctly but after those I then get another 15 entries showing "Unknown Title". Any ideas why?
Hi,

That's obviously wrong behaviour. Could you post your command line you use to run fruitbox, and also the fruitbox.log file please.? For the latter, please delete the database before running so that the log file contains the log of fruitbox actually creating the database again. Also can you post the fruitbox.db file too please?

Cheers,
Mike

bailey0287

Sat May 29, 2021 7:53 pm

fruitbox wrote:
bailey0287 wrote:
Hi,

That's obviously wrong behaviour. Could you post your command line you use to run fruitbox, and also the fruitbox.log file please.? For the latter, please delete the database before running so that the log file contains the log of fruitbox actually creating the database again. Also can you post the fruitbox.db file too please?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike.
Fruitbox is auto start using following text within "sudo nano /etc/rc.local"...

sudo ./fruitbox --cfg /mnt/usb/skins/SirJuke/fruitbox.cfg

I'm not sure where to find the log file but cfg and db file are pasted underneath...

cfg file...

[general]
SkinName = SirJuke
SkinSize = 1024 768
Database = /mnt/usb/fruitbox.db
MusicPath = /mnt/usb/Music/
SortSongsBy Title
SortSongsBy Artist
SelectButtons = 0123
SelectButtons = 1234567890
AutoSelect = No
SelectTimeout = 150
SelectHoldTimeout = 150
AutoPageTurnTime = 3000
MaxPlaylistLength = 5
LoopPlaylist = no
PlaysPerCoin1 = 0
PlaysPerCoin2 = 0
PlaysPerCoin3 = 0
PlaysPerCoin4 = 0
SongsPerPage = 12
PageSize = 320 576
PairSongs = yes
PageMoveStyle = 8 2 yes
SongLoadTime = 20
SongUnloadTime = 0
ArtistText = 2 255 32 32 255 centre true true false 0 6 256
SongText = 0 0 0 0 255 centre false true false 0 4 310

[font]
File = bluehigh.ttf
Height = 26

[font]
File = dotmatrx.ttf
height = 20

[font]
File = bluecond.ttf
height = 22

[font]
File = dotmatrx.ttf
Height = 32

[page]
Position = 8 8
Background = strip6.jpg

[page]
Position = 352 8
Background = strip6.jpg

[page]
Position = 696 8
Background = strip6.jpg

[status]
Position = 8 600
Size = 160 160
Text = 1 128 255 128 255 centre false false false 0 0
Contents = coverart.txt

[status]
Position = 190 608
Size = 646 160
Contents = now_playing_coming_up.txt
LineSpacing = 4
TimerTickPeriod = 60

[status]
Position = 864 608
Size = 154 154
Contents = selection_credits.txt
LineSpacing = 4
TimerTickPeriod = 120

[status]
Position = 864 648
Size = 154 80
Text = 3 128 255 128 255 centre false false false 0 0
Contents = selection.txt
LineSpacing = 4
TimerTickPeriod = 1

#[joystick]
#Bitmap = joystick.png

[bitmap]
File = foreground_1024x768.png
Position = 0 0
Size = 1024 768

db file...

# fruitbox v1.16a database file
# song entry format is Filename|SongTitle|Artist|AlbumTitle|AlbumArtist|Year|TrackNumber|LengthInSeconds|Publisher|ISRC|CustomTag[]|Genre

/mnt/usb/Music/

Billy Preston - Outa Space.mp3|Outa Space|Billy Preston||Billy Preston||0|249||||Unknown
._Billy Preston - Outa Space.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Commodores - Young Girls Are My Weakness.mp3|Young Girls Are My Weakness|Commodores||Commodores||0|182||||Unknown
._Commodores - Young Girls Are My Weakness.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Cameo - Your Love Takes Me Out.mp3|Your Love Takes Me Out|Cameo||Cameo||0|399||||Unknown
._Cameo - Your Love Takes Me Out.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Average White Band - Cut the Cake.mp3|Cut the Cake|Average White Band||Average White Band||0|244||||Unknown
._Average White Band - Cut the Cake.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Chaka Khan & Rufus - Sweet Thing.mp3|Sweet Thing|Chaka Khan & Rufus||Chaka Khan & Rufus||0|201||||Unknown
._Chaka Khan & Rufus - Sweet Thing.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Cameo - Is This The Way.mp3|Is This The Way|Cameo||Cameo||0|357||||Unknown
._Cameo - Is This The Way.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Cameo - Shake Your Pants.mp3|Shake Your Pants|Cameo||Cameo||0|387||||Unknown
._Cameo - Shake Your Pants.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Chic - Funny Bone.mp3|Funny Bone|Chic||Chic||0|222||||Unknown
._Chic - Funny Bone.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Trouble Funk - E Flat Boogie.mp3|E Flat Boogie|Trouble Funk||Unknown Album Artist||0|532||||Unknown
._Trouble Funk - E Flat Boogie.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Brothers Johnson - I Want You.mp3|I Want You|Brothers Johnson||Brothers Johnson||0|312||||Unknown
._Brothers Johnson - I Want You.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Trouble Funk - Let's Get Small.mp3|Let's Get Small|Trouble Funk||Unknown Album Artist||0|336||||Unknown
._Trouble Funk - Let's Get Small.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Chairmen of the board - Finder's Keepers.mp3|Finder's Keepers|Chairmen of the board||Chairmen of the board||0|247||||Unknown
._Chairmen of the board - Finder's Keepers.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing.mp3|Nothing From Nothing|Billy Preston||Billy Preston||0|157||||Unknown
._Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up).mp3|Lady (You Bring Me Up)|Commodores||Commodores||0|291||||Unknown
._Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up).mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Chic - Good Times.mp3|Good Times|Chic||Chic||0|217||||Unknown
._Chic - Good Times.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Commodores - Machine Gun.mp3|Machine Gun|Commodores||Commodores||0|161||||Unknown
._Commodores - Machine Gun.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
7th Wonder - Daisy lady.mp3|Daisy lady|7th Wonder||7th Wonder||0|278||||Unknown
._7th Wonder - Daisy lady.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Commodores - Flying High.mp3|Brick House|Commodores||Commodores||0|307||||Unknown
._Commodores - Flying High.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Commodores - Brick House.mp3|Brick House|Commodores||Commodores||0|196||||Unknown
._Commodores - Brick House.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Cameo - It's Serious.mp3|It's Serious|Cameo||Cameo||0|486||||Unknown
._Cameo - It's Serious.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Baron Neville - Hey Girls.mp3|Hey Girls|Baron Neville||Baron Neville||0|253||||Unknown
._Baron Neville - Hey Girls.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Commodores - I Feel Sanctified.mp3|I Feel Sanctified|Commodores||Commodores||0|153||||Unknown
._Commodores - I Feel Sanctified.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Average White Band - Person to Person.mp3|Person to Person|Average White Band||Average White Band||0|220||||Unknown
._Average White Band - Person to Person.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real.mp3|Got To Be Real|Cheryl Lynn||Cheryl Lynn||0|308||||Unknown
._Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
The Soul Searchers - Bustin Loose.mp3|Bustin Loose|The Soul Searchers||Unknown Album Artist||0|460||||Unknown
._The Soul Searchers - Bustin Loose.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Chic - CHEER.mp3|CHEER|Chic||Chic||0|842||||Unknown
._Chic - CHEER.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Brothers Johnson - The Real Thing.mp3|The Real Thing|Brothers Johnson||Brothers Johnson||0|233||||Unknown
._Brothers Johnson - The Real Thing.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Beggar & Co - (Somebody) Help Me Out.mp3|(Somebody) Help Me Out|Beggar & Co||Beggar & Co||0|441||||Unknown
._Beggar & Co - (Somebody) Help Me Out.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Average White Band - Stop The Rain.mp3|Stop The Rain|Average White Band||Average White Band||0|270||||Unknown
._Average White Band - Stop The Rain.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
African Music Machine - Black Pearl.mp3|Black Pearl|African Music Machine||African Music Machine||0|357||||Unknown
._African Music Machine - Black Pearl.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Howard Tate - 8 days on the road.mp3|8 days on the road|Howard Tate||Howard Tate||0|160||||Unknown
._Howard Tate - 8 days on the road.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Commodores - I Like What You Do.mp3|I Like What You Do|Commodores||Commodores||0|289||||Unknown
._Commodores - I Like What You Do.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces.mp3|Pick Up The Pieces|Average White Band||Average White Band||0|238||||Unknown
._Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown
Chic - Open Up.mp3|Open Up|Chic||Chic||0|233||||Unknown
._Chic - Open Up.mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown

fruitbox

Sat May 29, 2021 9:12 pm

bailey0287 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:53 pm
fruitbox wrote:
bailey0287 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike.
Fruitbox is auto start using following text within "sudo nano /etc/rc.local"...

sudo ./fruitbox --cfg /mnt/usb/skins/SirJuke/fruitbox.cfg

I'm not sure where to find the log file but cfg and db file are pasted underneath...
Hi

Looks like for each mp3 file there is a corresponding file of the same name but with a "._" prefix. I think I've seen this before and it's something to do with generating the mp3 files on an apple device (yuck!). So perhaps delete all the "._*" files before running fruitbox may help?

Mike

bailey0287

Sun May 30, 2021 3:48 pm

Ahh yes. I am using a Mac to put files onto USB stick so I’ll try using a PC instead to see if that makes a difference. Thanks

fruitbox

Sun May 30, 2021 6:48 pm

bailey0287 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:48 pm
Ahh yes. I am using a Mac to put files onto USB stick so I’ll try using a PC instead to see if that makes a difference. Thanks
You can just delete these files beginning with the dot underscore characters after you've put them on the USB stick. They are created to hold extra data for the associated mp3 file for the OS itself (MAC OS X typically) and can be ignored. It's a stupid system since they still have a mp3 file extension and they are clearly not mp3 files...a better system would be to create the file using a different file extension rather than bodge a few characters on to the filename itself. In the next release, I'll ignore mp3 files beginning with the dot underscore sequence. That should prevent these duplicates in the database...

Mike

maty87

Mon May 31, 2021 11:06 pm

Got my new pi so better performance and new 7inch screen so all good am up and running just need to sort out playing tracks from usb stick but if i sont not all lost as ill just run from my sd card just need sort the sound card out now or cable from the on board av port

Cheers for all the help so far guys
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

maty87

Mon May 31, 2021 11:09 pm

For buttun inputs can gpio and the zero delay usb encoder used together

I guess its just pointing to what you want in the button config

Cheers
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

maty87

Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi everyone can some lead me in the right direction to make the font on the song lables bigger i can see it in the config i think lol but not sure what bit to change

Cheers in advance
Maty87
current project jukebox

current gear
RPi 3 B+
7inch display
All mounted into a case

fruitbox

Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:22 am

maty87 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:57 pm
Hi everyone can some lead me in the right direction to make the font on the song lables bigger i can see it in the config i think lol but not sure what bit to change

Cheers in advance
Hi

In the fruitbox.cfg file for the skin you are using, there are one or more [font] entries, which define the font itself and its size. The first is font zero, second font number one, etc. Then each Text entry for status or pages references one of these fonts (the first number in their list of parameters).

So, determine which text you want to change, then see what font number it's using, then change that font numbers size. In your case you want to change the song label font which are the ArtistText and SongText entries in the [general] section.

Note that a font can be used by more than one Text entry, so if you change a font size and it affects Text you don't want to change, then create a new font entry specifically for the Text you want to change, and change the font number the Text entry refers to. Remember to define it after all the other fonts otherwise all the font numbers will change,

Please check out the user guide for details.

Cheers
Mike

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”