Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:21 pm

grvlk wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:55 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm
grvlk wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:38 pm

So would this go into .bashrc? Because I've already setup raspi-config to force to jack.
...maybe fruitbox is starting up too quickly before the audio system is initialised? Not sure really...
Ok I figured it out. I had to remove the sudo from the second command line and it works now. Unsure why as well. Thank you so much for your time and effort on Fruitbox Mike! Once this project is complete donation will be inbound.
You posted this some time ago, but I was having a similar issue. Mine would boot straight into the skin chooser OK, but no HDMI audio once the skin was selected. Thanks to your post, I removed the sudo from the line in bashrc, & hey presto! So, thanks!

fruitbox

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 am

Eminjay wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 am
hey guys, i've got a question: is there a chance to to have lyrics shown, just like subtitles or has anyone tried to create this yet?
I've used ultrastar some years ago and there was a nice editor to sync the lyrics by yourself.
Hi

If lyrics are stored in mp3 metadata then in theory I could extract the data for displaying. This isn't currently implemented in fruitbox, but I'll put it on the list of features to be considered after v2 is released.

Cheers
Mike

Mike

fa001

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Mike,

Thanks for making the logo svg file available. However Tinkercad would not load it and Illustrator had errors when loading it. But it did give me a starting point and I am very close to having what I can use. I just need to decide about coloring.
logoPic.JPG
logoPic.JPG (27.76 KiB) Viewed 679 times
It is an obj file for 3D printing.

Fred

fruitbox

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:21 pm

fa001 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:15 pm
Mike,

Thanks for making the logo svg file available. However Tinkercad would not load it and Illustrator had errors when loading it. But it did give me a starting point and I am very close to having what I can use. I just need to decide about coloring.

logoPic.JPG

It is an obj file for 3D printing.

Fred
Hi Fred

I designed it in Inkscape, so maybe worth trying that? You could then always write it out in a different format from there...

Mike

fa001

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:36 pm

Mike,
Yes, I started with Inkscape but could not get from there to Tinkercad to make a 3D model. I am sure that there are other ways to do it but as I said I have got what will work for me.
Thanks for your help.

Fred

Cre8or27

Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Very new to this and still learning. I flashed the image and when I power up the pi it goes to the choose skin screen. I can not figure out how to get it to start on the skin I want. What am I missing?

bennytheb

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm

Pretty new to this, but I just don't understand what's not working.

Installed Fruitbox yesterday, got it set up with a few songs.
I wanted to change out the fonts of a skin and edit different parameters, and now I can't get it to run from Terminal using the sudo command.

Code: Select all

sudo ./fruitbox --cfg skins/NumberOne/fruitbox.cfg
It tells me this:

sudo: ./fruitbox: command not found
Also, when I try to run without sudo at the beginning, it says this:

bash: ./fruitbox: No such file or directory
Help!

fruitbox

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:51 pm

bennytheb wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm
Pretty new to this, but I just don't understand what's not working.

Installed Fruitbox yesterday, got it set up with a few songs.
I wanted to change out the fonts of a skin and edit different parameters, and now I can't get it to run from Terminal using the sudo command.

sudo ./fruitbox --cfg skins/NumberOne/fruitbox.cfg
It tells me this:

sudo: ./fruitbox: command not found
Also, when I try to run without sudo at the beginning, it says this:

bash: ./fruitbox: No such file or directory
Help!
..maybe you're not in the correct directory?

Type

pwd
and check you are in

/home/pi/rpi-fruitbox-master
...if so, type

ls -al fruitbox
to check if the executable is there and has the correct (x) permissions.

Mike

Mikerpi12047

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Hello all! I am a newbie and recently installed Fruitbox on my 3b. I got it running but now I want to change some parameters and add songs but I can't seem to get back to my gui or terminal. Is there any way to do that or do I need to re install and start over? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

joggyBnoob

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:06 pm

Mikerpi12047 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:31 pm
Hello all! I am a newbie and recently installed Fruitbox on my 3b. I got it running but now I want to change some parameters and add songs but I can't seem to get back to my gui or terminal. Is there any way to do that or do I need to re install and start over? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Hello,
What skin are you using?
have you tried plugging in a keyboard and pressing ESC?

Mikerpi12047

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:20 pm

Hello, currently I'm using Wurly but I'm looking to change it to Wall juke and switch from the keyboard to a usb encoder with buttons as I am building it in an arcade cabinet. Esc doesn't seem to do anything. I also want to add to the music library as I initially only added 43 songs to test it. Thanks for your reply and your help!

keefypee

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:55 am

Mikerpi12047 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:20 pm
Hello, currently I'm using Wurly but I'm looking to change it to Wall juke and switch from the keyboard to a usb encoder with buttons as I am building it in an arcade cabinet. Esc doesn't seem to do anything. I also want to add to the music library as I initially only added 43 songs to test it. Thanks for your reply and your help!
Hi.
If you started fruitbox from the GUI (NOT recommended), then a keyboard 'ESC' should get you back. However, with my 3b, I have noticed that if you try to 'ESC' whilst a song is loading or unloading, then the Pi will hang. Only option is to do the time honoured thing and 'Turn it off & back on again'!

If you started it from terminal, then 'ESC' should get you back there.

If you look elsewhere on this forum, or in the user guide, you'll find instructions that let you boot into a 'Skin Chooser', before you actually run your fruitbox.
Hope that leads you a bit further on.

Regards, Keith.
Last edited by keefypee on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikerpi12047

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:20 am

Hello, I did start from the gui as I couldn't seem to figure out from the command line how to get the music library on the pi. Esc doesn't do anything unfortunately. I see a blip of the gui on start up as well as when I quit the program. Guess I'm going to have to reinstall which isn't a big deal I guess but was hoping for a shortcut.

joggyBnoob

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Mikerpi12047 wrote:
Hello, I did start from the gui as I couldn't seem to figure out from the command line how to get the music library on the pi. Esc doesn't do anything unfortunately. I see a blip of the gui on start up as well as when I quit the program. Guess I'm going to have to reinstall which isn't a big deal I guess but was hoping for a shortcut.
hello,
if you put the mp3s and the fruitbox file in a usb stick, start fruitbox, then an error message will appear;
then press a key on the keyboard. The screen returns to the GUI
reread the userguide.txt document again and again to guide you through the configuration of the keys.
Before using ~ / .bashrc, to automatically start fruitbox,
test all the keys you should have for your final project,
then if all is well, make an image of your sd card.
if everything is ok, you can write the ~ / .bashrc.

for my project I use the GUI without problem.

good rock.

joggyBnoob

Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:24 pm

joggyBnoob wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Mikerpi12047 wrote:
hello,
if you put the mp3s and the fruitbox file in a usb stick, start fruitbox, then an error message will appear;
then press a key on the keyboard.

* Start fruitbox without inserting the usb key

dako44

Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:51 am

Hello,

I am using fruitbox for a school project. I am wondering if it's possible to have the songs autoplay in the order of track number, without having to touch any selection keys at all. I know they autoplay already after a certain amount of time, but it seems like it randomly selects songs rather than playing them by track number.

Thanks!

fruitbox

Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:50 am

dako44 wrote:
Hello,

I am using fruitbox for a school project. I am wondering if it's possible to have the songs autoplay in the order of track number, without having to touch any selection keys at all. I know they autoplay already after a certain amount of time, but it seems like it randomly selects songs rather than playing them by track number.

Thanks!
Hi,

That's not possible, but you could try playlists. If you run fruitbox up as normal but include the command line switch --save-playlist MyList.txt, then when fruitbox is running, add the songs you want to the playqueue in the order you want them. Then quit out of fruitbox and the song list in the queue will be saved to the file MyList.txt. Then if you run fruitbox again, but with --load-playlist MyList.txt instead, then the playqueue will be pre-loaded with those songs, and start playing them. Note also that you can edit the MyList.txt by hand if you need to tweak anything.

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Mike

chuffy2

Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Loving Fruitbox (thanks Mike!) but having a bit of a nightmare getting my 10.1 touch screen working.

I saw back on page 40's somewhere, a few other users having issues with the Waveshare 1024×600, 10.1 inch Capacitive Touch LCD Screen. I'm wondering if anyone managed to get this working or can provide a little advice. When I run sudo ./fruitbox --config-buttons --calibrate-touch it comes up to press top left target but the screen is unresponsive. If I just run sudo ./fruitbox --config-buttons i touch the screen but each touch is registered as a left mouse click. Once created I have tried going into fruitbox.btn and changing all the mouse clicks to touch, but still nothing. Any advice greatly appreciated. Does the fruitbox.btn file need to be amended with a TouchDevice line and if so does anyone know if it's simply Waveshare as the device name?

Mikerpi12047

Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:37 pm

I just re installed it and added my new music library. It works great and now that I know how easy it is to just reinstall if I need to make changes, I will just do that from now on. Thanks for all the help and thanks Chundermike for the awesome program!!!!

dako44

Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:45 pm

fruitbox wrote:
dako44 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi,

That's not possible, but you could try playlists. If you run fruitbox up as normal but include the command line switch --save-playlist MyList.txt, then when fruitbox is running, add the songs you want to the playqueue in the order you want them. Then quit out of fruitbox and the song list in the queue will be saved to the file MyList.txt. Then if you run fruitbox again, but with --load-playlist MyList.txt instead, then the playqueue will be pre-loaded with those songs, and start playing them. Note also that you can edit the MyList.txt by hand if you need to tweak anything.

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Mike
Hmmmm, the problem with using the playlists is that in my situation, the music on the flash drive will always be changing so I'd have to fix the playlist every time I put in a different flash drive.

Is there any way I could create a code that runs before fruitbox starts that automatically creates a playlist file based on track number from the flash drive and loads it on startup automatically afterward? That way it would play the songs in the way I'm looking for I think.

fruitbox

Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:48 pm

dako44 wrote:
fruitbox wrote:
dako44 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi,

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Mike
Hmmmm, the problem with using the playlists is that in my situation, the music on the flash drive will always be changing so I'd have to fix the playlist every time I put in a different flash drive.

Is there any way I could create a code that runs before fruitbox starts that automatically creates a playlist file based on track number from the flash drive and loads it on startup automatically afterward? That way it would play the songs in the way I'm looking for I think.
What's your timescale on this? I could add this feature (it's easy to code) but wouldn't be released until v2, which should be out next month...

dako44

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:03 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:48 pm
dako44 wrote:
fruitbox wrote:

Hi,

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Mike

What's your timescale on this? I could add this feature (it's easy to code) but wouldn't be released until v2, which should be out next month...
That would actually be great if it's easy to add, I just need a proof of concept that it will work to get the grade, but this project is also something I've been wanting to do for a year or so now. How would I go about making the playlist file automatically generated by track number once its added?

Thank you so much for the quick replies btw!

fruitbox

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:14 pm

dako44 wrote:

That would actually be great if it's easy to add, I just need a proof of concept that it will work to get the grade, but this project is also something I've been wanting to do for a year or so now. How would I go about making the playlist file automatically generated by track number once its added?

No problem. I can add a mode to the Autoplay (Attract mode), which allows you to choose between random (what it currently does) or sorted. In sorted mode, it'll just play the songs in the order they're sorted in, so you'll have complete control over this as sorting (including by track number, which I'll also add) is already supported. Also this has the advantage of utilising the already existing auto play mode, so you'll also be able to configure delays between songs, and take advantage of the new autoplay features in v2, namely fade in/out, and playing just a short clip of the song at specified start and stop positions if you wish.

Cheers,
Mike

dako44

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:32 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:14 pm
dako44 wrote:

No problem. I can add a mode to the Autoplay (Attract mode), which allows you to choose between random (what it currently does) or sorted. In sorted mode, it'll just play the songs in the order they're sorted in, so you'll have complete control over this as sorting (including by track number, which I'll also add) is already supported. Also this has the advantage of utilising the already existing auto play mode, so you'll also be able to configure delays between songs, and take advantage of the new autoplay features in v2, namely fade in/out, and playing just a short clip of the song at specified start and stop positions if you wish.

Cheers,
Mike
Awesome! That sounds like it will work perfectly!

Thank you Mike!

dako44

Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:36 pm

Another question for ya, would it be possible to have fruitbox reset when it detects a USB drive being plugged in?

I have a if statement set up right now so that whenever the Pi restarts it deletes the fruitbox.db file, so that if you inserted a USB key with different songs on it, the db file would be regenerated for the new list of songs on reboot and all the songs are refreshed.

Problem is, I would like to be able to run this set of commands when the Pi detects a USB device being plugged in, that way it saves some time and doesn't need a reboot.

I tried a suggestion by SGKINI on this forum ---> viewtopic.php?t=41056
but it didn't seem to do what I wanted it to.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”