manu974

How to install clementine ??

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi, to be honest, I'm a bit of a noob on raspbian ...

For years I have a trick that works on my pc, winamp stream and play music, controlled via the pc and/or an android application that makes me a remote control, I relays the whole thing with a FM emitter that sends on FM radio at home.
The trouble, I must have this pc always on.

So I would like to have the same config on a pi3 +, I thought of Clementine and his Android remote.
But, I have been to see several tutorials and I can not install clementine, I always have error messages.
(like here: https: //github.com/clementine-player/Clementine/wiki/Clementine-on-Raspberry-Pi)

if anyone could explain to me how to install it would be very nice.

I am of course open to any other idea (local music player and stream with android remote control).
I already try VLC but it's but it is unnecessarily complicated to do so little (and graphically awful)

Thank you in advance.

Manu.

(sorry for my English, I'm a french speaking guy)

jdonald

Re: How to install clementine ??

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Yeah, you won't get very far trying to install the Jessie package mentioned in the README, and building from source apparently requires a bazillion dependencies.

Buster: According to this link, Clementine is still available for aarch64 but no longer for armhf.

If you are running Raspbian Stretch, just do:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install clementine
If you're already on Buster, often it's still possible to install old Stretch packages if their dependencies don't have hard conflicts. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add this line :

Code: Select all

deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ stretch main contrib non-free rpi
Then proceed to with the earlier two commands. That worked for me.

Note: Including Stretch packages on Buster does break at least one rule that can potentially lead to a FrankenDebian, so make sure to pay attention to APT's output.

rod2k

Re: How to install clementine ??

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:06 pm

I recently discover Clementine, and as owner of Rpi B+, the first think crossed my mind was installing Clementine in my rpi and control my music library remotely using Android app, I am using my rpi headless for almost everything

so, I think i already have the answer, but i will ask anyway, Clementine require a Desktop Environmente AKA Pixel, running to compile on rpi?
there is another way/software to remotely control (and make offline libraries in your android) like Clementine does?

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”