p.torabi

Two independent monitors

Sat May 25, 2019 8:46 am

Hi every one,
I have a projects, which needs to control two independent monitors. My easiest solution would be to use 2 separate raspberry pis, but I want to use only one, so is there any way that, I use the hdmi port for one of my monitor and use some of the GPIOs for other monitor? I've read something about FPGA and control it through SPI, but I'm not sure. The second monitor only shows some simple black and white pictures.

DougieLawson

Re: Two independent monitors

Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 am

It can't be done. Use two RPi Zeros.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

hippy

Sat May 25, 2019 9:33 am

You can easily have two monitors using Gert's VGA666 interface board or by plugging a DisplayLink adapter into USB.

Use DisplayLink and you can have more than two monitors.

--
There's nothing funny about being ignorant and arrogant.

Andyroo

Sat May 25, 2019 11:33 am

If one of the monitors could be the Pi touchscreen, this thread viewtopic.php?f=63&t=216399 details some beta testing to use both screens.

One other option is to use an e-ink display and dither the B&W pics to convert the grey into B&W

You could talk to Pimoroni about their HyperPixel display here a bit small but that uses the DPI interface. They may know of a larger one and if it can work with HDMI at the same time...
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”