Rudgey

Loop full screen video

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Can anyone help me solve this probably quite simple problem?

I’m using omxplayer on the latest Pi’s with command: omxplayer nameof video.mp4

Objective I would like to run two short videos on two separate 7” screens (around 1260x600) at the same time full screen indefinitely looping. So I guess there is 3 parts to this question I’m having an issue with:

1). Full screen, For some reason I am not getting full screen? It seems to squeeze the video horizontally top and bottom and showing the terminal task bar, not full screen correct proportions.

2). I am currently running the two screens on two Pi’s independently which is causing a problem trying to sync them both, in a previous thread I was advised to sync the clocks and run a command to start them off at a given time as both videos a exactly the same length of 7mins. Not sure how the do this?

3). Once the above is operating ok , I would them loop indefinitely, hopefully staying in sync.

Thank you

Does something like omxplayerGUI offer the above functionality? I have looked at infobeamer but don’t want to use WiFi or spend extra.

Rudgey

Re: Loop full screen video

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Can anyone help with any of these questions?

aBUGSworstnightmare

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:05 pm

You should know your screen resolution, otherwise full-screen playback will be difficult.

Code: Select all

omxplayer --win "0 0 1280 800" -o both -b /home/pi/Videos/trailer_1080p.mov 
This is an example of how to use omxplayer --win command. This will play any video file (the example big buck bunny is FHD btw) in an window which is 1280*800 pixels. Refer to omxplayer command manual for details.

As you will have to synchronize your playback you can use 'cron'. Nevertheless, all you Pis need to synchronize the time frequently.

Here's an example of the --win command showing the video on a TFT which is 160pixels in height only
https://youtu.be/isqD8UGTBB0
Showing what you can achieve by using --win command

Rudgey

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks that’s really helpful, any idea how I can loop the video in omxplayer, is there anything I can add to the code you gave?

gkreidl

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:36 am

Rudgey wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 am
Thanks that’s really helpful, any idea how I can loop the video in omxplayer, is there anything I can add to the code you gave?
--loop
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Rudgey

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Wow that easy, so if I use ‘cron’ to trigger both Pi’s to start them at the exact same time (clocks synced), both looping the exact same length of video, will they keep in time over a period of say a week, or would they dift out of sync I wonder?

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”