pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm
pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm

I can launch Fruitbox at startup but the keyboard does not work
Are you using a standard USB keybaord?

Can you run 'evtest' from the command line and let me know what devices it detects please?

Thanks,
Mike
yes, I can not, the order is not found
OK...and are you running from a terminal window from the GUI? or are you booting the Pi straight to the command line?

pi-naise

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

With a GUI

fruitbox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:32 pm

pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm
With a GUI
It's worth trying without a GUI (i.e. quit the GUI or boot the Pi straight to the command line)...I've not really tested fruitbox in the GUI environment, but have noticed that its console output doesn't always echo to the terminal, so there may be a few issues running in this environment.

Mike

pi-naise

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Fruitbox was working properly

After doing the ~ / .bashrc,
it boots on fruitbox but the keyboard (usb) does not work

Thank mike

fruitbox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:44 pm

pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm
Fruitbox was working properly

After doing the ~ / .bashrc,
it boots on fruitbox but the keyboard (usb) does not work

Thank mike
Make sure you run fruitbox last in the .bashrc, or run it in the background using...

Code: Select all

./fruitbox --cfg <your skin file> &
Mike

pi-naise

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm

I forget the &
his comes from his?

pi-naise

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm

do you have an email address,
I'm sending you a video

fruitbox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:13 pm

pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm
do you have an email address,
I'm sending you a video
Please check your private (Raspberry Pi) inbox - I've sent it to you there,

Thanks,
Mike

bernyone

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Please post the solution when you figure it out as i have the same issue

fruitbox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm

bernyone wrote:
Hi,

Could you send me the contents of your .bashrc file please?

Cheers,
Mike

bernyone

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm
bernyone wrote:
Hi,

Could you send me the contents of your .bashrc file please?

Cheers,
Mike
Unfortunately i cant Mike as i cant exit fruitbox due to the keyboard not working.....
Cant remote access either as the mini jukebox is not on my wifi network as i built it away from home.....

Going to have to pull the sd card and rewrite it i think

Jon

dlink

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 am

Issue:
Mono files play but sound like the chipmunks with an echo. Stereo files are fine.

Background of what I'm doing:
I'm trying to build out a fruitbox using a raspberry pi. I have everything working and have even been playing around with some new skins as I go back to the first release of DWJuke. I have tried troubleshooting and found that it appears to be something to do with the audio player fruitbox uses (I believe libmpg123).

Troubleshooting done so far:
I have tried the mono file from raspberry pi 1 and raspberry pi 3, both fresh installs and same result.
I have tried different skins (should not be a skin issue but what the heck I eliminated it as a possible cause) and still the same result.
I tried opening the file on a Linux desktop and it plays normal so it's not the file.
I played the mp3 mono file from raspberry pi 1 and 3 from the command line using omxplayer and it played fine.
I updated using sudo apt-get update and also sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and still the same result.
Tested other mono files and had the same result, stereo files are fine.

File Specs:
Mono 44100Hz 32-bit float

Question:
What audio player is fruitbox using?
Can I test the mp3 in the command line using the fruitbox player?
Is there a sync issue with left and right channel that needs to be adjusted?
Does anyone else have this issue?

OklahomaGreyBeard

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 am

Ok, I've put the reel to reel skin n the back burner for a bit and have one using more traditional title strips 95% complete and running. This however brings me back to my original issue of keeping a and b sides of singles together. I have run into what was a pretty common practice of two different artists on a single 7". For example,

Columbia ‎– 38-05903
Berlin - Take My Breath Away --Side A
Giorgio Moroder Radar Radio -- Side B

The original Sterling Title Strip would have looked something like

"TAKE MY BREATH AWAY"
BERLIN/GIORGIO MORODER
"RADAR RADIO"
Columbia 38-05903

Now, I know you're working out kinks and bugs in the next version so this isn't a request at the moment, but more of a bee in your bonnet. I know it's a pretty unique request as most people won't care about being that specific but I'm "that guy".

I did try the multiple sorting idea to keep things straight, but it seems like once it resorts from artist to title, it loses the original artist sort and things get all out of whack. I do know what work is if there was an option to choose singles and keep albums together. Anyway I'm rambling now.
Attachments
Mike-ola-Wide.png
Mike-ola-Wide.png (203.75 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

fruitbox

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:21 am

OklahomaGreyBeard wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 am
Ok, I've put the reel to reel skin n the back burner for a bit and have one using more traditional title strips 95% complete and running. This however brings me back to my original issue of keeping a and b sides of singles together. I have run into what was a pretty common practice of two different artists on a single 7". For example,

Columbia ‎– 38-05903
Berlin - Take My Breath Away --Side A
Giorgio Moroder Radar Radio -- Side B

The original Sterling Title Strip would have looked something like

"TAKE MY BREATH AWAY"
BERLIN/GIORGIO MORODER
"RADAR RADIO"
Columbia 38-05903

Now, I know you're working out kinks and bugs in the next version so this isn't a request at the moment, but more of a bee in your bonnet. I know it's a pretty unique request as most people won't care about being that specific but I'm "that guy".

I did try the multiple sorting idea to keep things straight, but it seems like once it resorts from artist to title, it loses the original artist sort and things get all out of whack. I do know what work is if there was an option to choose singles and keep albums together. Anyway I'm rambling now.
Hi Mike

I'll certainly try and sort something out for you. In your example is "Columbia 38-05903" the name of the album? And do you need that 4th line to be displayed along with the other 3 (song/both artists/song)

By the way, I've found the problem with the multiple sort and it's fixed in the next release :)

Cheers,
Mike
Last edited by fruitbox on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

bernyone

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am

As mikes talking singles im presuming its a release number rather than album title i.e

Columbia records, release no 38*******

OklahomaGreyBeard

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm

bernyone wrote:
As mikes talking singles im presuming its a release number rather than album title i.e

Correct, Columbia is the Label and the number is the release number. The ID3v2.4 tag fields used are Publisher and ISRC. Here's an example of a Sterling tag included with a 45.

Obviously, that information on the tag is in no way critical. I guess it all depends on how accurate of a portrayal you're trying to create. It's one of those things that 99% of the people looking at your jukebox will never notice but you'll know it's there.

-Mike

fruitbox

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm

OklahomaGreyBeard wrote:
bernyone wrote:

Correct, Columbia is the Label and the number is the release number. The ID3v2.4 tag fields used are Publisher and ISRC. Here's an example of a Sterling tag included with a 45.

Obviously, that information on the tag is in no way critical. I guess it all depends on how accurate of a portrayal you're trying to create. It's one of those things that 99% of the people looking at your jukebox will never notice but you'll know it's there.

-Mike
Hi Mike

I can add extraction of the publisher and ISRC no problem (but as this will be included in the database you will need to regenerate that).

Then I can add the option to add another text line to the pages so you can display those new fields (or anything else, come to that)

Cheers,
Mike

fruitbox

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:52 pm

dlink wrote:
Issue:
Mono files play but sound like the chipmunks with an echo. Stereo files are fine.

I'm trying to build out a fruitbox using a raspberry pi. I have everything working and have even been playing around with some new skins as I go back to the first release of DWJuke. I have tried troubleshooting and found that it appears to be something to do with the audio player fruitbox uses (I believe libmpg123).

I have tried the mono file from raspberry pi 1 and raspberry pi 3, both fresh installs and same result.
I have tried different skins (should not be a skin issue but what the heck I eliminated it as a possible cause) and still the same result.
I tried opening the file on a Linux desktop and it plays normal so it's not the file.
I played the mp3 mono file from raspberry pi 1 and 3 from the command line using omxplayer and it played fine.
I updated using sudo apt-get update and also sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and still the same result.

File Specs:

Question:
Hi,

Sounds like a fruitbox issue...I'll do a test with some Mono files and see if I can track down the problem.

UPDATE: Yes I found the problem and it's now fixed. It will be available in the next release soon (1.4). Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for raising the issue.

Cheers,
Mike
Last edited by fruitbox on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pi-naise

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:38 pm

Peut tu mette ton fichier de démarrage automatique s'il te plaît Mike

Thanks
Pi_naise

karrika

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:14 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm
OklahomaGreyBeard wrote:
bernyone wrote:

-Mike
Hi Mike

I can add extraction of the publisher and ISRC no problem (but as this will be included in the database you will need to regenerate that).

Then I can add the option to add another text line to the pages so you can display those new fields (or anything else, come to that)

Cheers,
Mike
This sounds like a very usable concept to sort the tunes by other fields.

I am hoping to set up my jukebox that is really just the 7" display and a separate amplifier in our living room. The desire is to choose 16 records with some style with increasing tempos like:

slow boogie 32 bars/minute to fast boogie 52 bars/minute. Next page would be Lindy from slow to fast. Bugg from slow to fast etc.
So when I feel like trying out some dance moves I could maintain a practical jukebox that is simple to operate.

In this setup the artists, song titles etc are not part of the sort. It is still a mystery to me how I could set up the tunes in the way I want. I could add any tags to the mp3 files for this purpose.

fruitbox

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:45 pm

This sounds like a very usable concept to sort the tunes by other fields.

I am hoping to set up my jukebox that is really just the 7" display and a separate amplifier in our living room. The desire is to choose 16 records with some style with increasing tempos like:

slow boogie 32 bars/minute to fast boogie 52 bars/minute. Next page would be Lindy from slow to fast. Bugg from slow to fast etc.
So when I feel like trying out some dance moves I could maintain a practical jukebox that is simple to operate.

In this setup the artists, song titles etc are not part of the sort. It is still a mystery to me how I could set up the tunes in the way I want. I could add any tags to the mp3 files for this purpose.
Yes - you could hijack an MP3 tag which fruitbox can sort by, and then sort by that after filling your tags with appropriate data using some other piece of software, or editing the tags in the database file.

If you haven't got that many songs, you could manually sort them in the order you want by editing the database file, then set the 'SortSongsBy' parameter to 'Unsorted', then they will appear in the order they are listed in the database file. If you want to add gaps (i.e. empty song entries) then just put an empty song entry in the database file (i.e. point to a non-existent mp3 file and set all the fields to nothing). If you then try and select this song and play it, fruitbox will fail to find the song and quitely ignore it. This is a hack though, and won't behave exactly the same as a real empty song slot, because the selection will use up a credit if you are not in freeplay mode (whereas selecting a genuinely empty slot won't use any credits). If you are using fruitbox in freeplay mode, you obviously won't notice any difference.

Mike

dlink

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:12 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:52 pm
dlink wrote:
Issue:

File Specs:

Question:
Hi,

Sounds like a fruitbox issue...I'll do a test with some Mono files and see if I can track down the problem.

UPDATE: Yes I found the problem and it's now fixed. It will be available in the next release soon (1.4). Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for raising the issue.

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks for the fast response Mike, what was the issue as I was racking my brain on this one trying to figure it out?

fruitbox

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks for the fast response Mike, what was the issue as I was racking my brain on this one trying to figure it out?
Hi,

Stupidly I was ignoring the number of channels libmpg123 was giving me when parsing the MP3 file, and was subsequently hard-coding the number of channels on the audio output to 2. I hadn't tried testing with mono audio so didn't notice...

Cheers,
Mike

OklahomaGreyBeard

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:35 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 pm
Stupidly I was ignoring the number of channels libmpg123 was giving me when parsing the MP3 file, and was subsequently hard-coding the number of channels on the audio output to 2. I hadn't tried testing with mono audio so didn't notice...
That could explain something weird I noticed last night. With the skin I'm working on I'm using the record wave file to simulate it's vinyl playing. I had turned the volume all the way down using the - key yet every time it auto played a song, it played that vinyl sound at full volume but of course not the song. Kinda freaked me out at 3 in the morning. Thought I had mice or something..

You need to start ignoring us or we're going to give you so many enhancements/bugs to fix you're never going to get 1.4 cleared... :lol:

On that note, if you need a second tester I'd be more than willing to give it a shot and give you my input. Out of curiosity, what are you programming this with?

-mike

fruitbox

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 pm

That could explain something weird I noticed last night. With the skin I'm working on I'm using the record wave file to simulate it's vinyl playing. I had turned the volume all the way down using the - key yet every time it auto played a song, it played that vinyl sound at full volume but of course not the song. Kinda freaked me out at 3 in the morning. Thought I had mice or something..

You need to start ignoring us or we're going to give you so many enhancements/bugs to fix you're never going to get 1.4 cleared... :lol:

On that note, if you need a second tester I'd be more than willing to give it a shot and give you my input. Out of curiosity, what are you programming this with?

-mike
Thanks for the offer! The next release is imminent (well, it's slipped to early next week now) but has a fair few changes in it so any feedback and testing will be as always much appreciated. Currently all the code changes are done, which includes everything everyone has asked for (excluding dbus support), but I'm just chasing down one bug before committing it to Github. Unfortunately, after this evening, I won't be able to find the time until early next week to progress, so that's why it's next week.

The volume is only applied to the MP3 playback, and not the sound effects. The volume of the sound effect is fixed in the configuration file (it's the number before the sound effect filename in the [sounds] entries.

Oh, and fruitbox is programmed in C++14. I use two libraries - libmpg123 for mp3 decoding, and Allegro 5 for graphics and audio output. Both libraries are statically linked into the fruitbox executable.

EDIT: I just changed the mute function to mute both MP3 and sound effects (available next release!)

Cheers,
Mike

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”