PatchLeads

Analog Audio Volume Control?

Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi, I've heard a lot about how you can achieve cool things with raspberry pi that can help tidy up your home experience. This has got me thinking about controlling the volume of my computer/gaming/TV final stereo audio output wirelessly with an app via WIFI or Bluetooth before my speakers. I also want the possibility of having a rotary encoder on my desk that can continue where the app leaves the volume and update the app to the new volume.

Something i am really keen on though is keeping the audio analog..... My question is.

Is it possible to use the Raspberry Pi to transmit these volume values to a small piece of analog hardware that effectively will act like a normal analog stereo potentiometer?

Cheers

Patch

I am aware i can buy something to achieve this, but where is the fun in that?

MrPooter

Re: Analog Audio Volume Control?

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 am

I'll sacrifice the fun at my level of expertise! Where did you see an analog volume control I could attach to the Pi? - thanks!

BMS Doug

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:30 am

PatchLeads wrote: Is it possible to use the Raspberry Pi to transmit these volume values to a small piece of analog hardware that effectively will act like a normal analog stereo potentiometer?

Cheers

Patch

I am aware i can buy something to achieve this, but where is the fun in that?
What are the specifications of the analogue output you want to achieve?
MrPooter wrote:I'll sacrifice the fun at my level of expertise! Where did you see an analog volume control I could attach to the Pi? - thanks!
Likewise, what are you doing and how do you need to control it?
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

hippy

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 am

PatchLeads wrote:Is it possible to use the Raspberry Pi to transmit these volume values to a small piece of analog hardware that effectively will act like a normal analog stereo potentiometer?
Should be easily possible. One example -

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/app- ... vp/id/1828

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”