pcanu

Switching Lights On and Off with a timer

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:01 am

Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum.
What I am looking for is to switch lights on and off using some relay and a timer that simulates takt time.
For example, if the the timer is set to 120 seconds and i press the start button, de light goes on and switches off after 120 seconds.
There must be also some kind of overview of the remaining time on a screen and timer values must be easily set.
Does such APP exist for standard switching lights on or off and that can easily adapted for this purpose ?

The goal is to use this to learn unskilled youth to work in takt time, i got an offer to do this with Siemens touch panels and S5 or S7 hardware but this is much too expensive for us.

BMS Doug

Re: Switching Lights On and Off with a timer

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:56 pm

pcanu wrote:Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum.
What I am looking for is to switch lights on and off using some relay and a timer that simulates takt time.
For example, if the the timer is set to 120 seconds and i press the start button, de light goes on and switches off after 120 seconds.
There must be also some kind of overview of the remaining time on a screen and timer values must be easily set.
Does such APP exist for standard switching lights on or off and that can easily adapted for this purpose ?

The goal is to use this to learn unskilled youth to work in takt time, i got an offer to do this with Siemens touch panels and S5 or S7 hardware but this is much too expensive for us.

I'm not aware of anything currently existing but this is a fairly simple application to achieve.

You would need a display module with RTC (real time clock), you could either get a 16x2 LCD or a TFT touchscreen.

then you just need to add your light output, this should probably be driven by a relay or solid state relay if it is going to be a bright light.

Programming it would not be particularly difficult.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

pcanu

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks for the info Doug.

ranpitime

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:10 am

Hi,
would recommend to use CODESYS plc and webvisualisation (show the elapsed time on android or iphone) for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MeQBfQObgk
cheers

tonychang-uk

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:50 pm

pcanu wrote:Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum.

use our Smarthome system can do this control
http://www.pridopia.co.uk/pi-smarthome.html

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”