JBVrebo

Re: Control Relay Switches via Android using a Raspberry Pi

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 am

I have installed the PIrelay app. I have a 16 channel relay from Sainsmart but I can only switch on the individual relays but not switch them off. what am I doing wrong :?:

Twitchit

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 pm

I am new to raspberry pi and im having trouble using this. First, I tried downloading the image. then, I tried the cut and paste method.

When I downloaded the image, I used a proper SD card formatter to prepare the card. I downloaded and extracted the image to a folder on my desktop using firefox as my browser. I then used balena etcher to put the file on the SD card. after it was done, it said file was corrupt. I tried this method 3 times.

That's when I tried to do cut and paste the script. My problem here is apache. I cant get past the initial apache page. Like I said. I am new to the raspberry pi as well as programing. ay help would be appreciated.

sting

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Good morning,
I have buy a Ruspbarry PI3 model and I am using it in my network. All is ok.
Well, I have download the Android app PIRELAY on my android Phone and I have followed the instructions to set my the PI 3 as described in the site : https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/ so I can drive GPIO outputs of my PI 3 by this app. My Problem is when I use Pirelay app because is showen the message : PI NOT DETECTED IN NETWORK.
There are two ways in the dexscribted in the website to config the PI 3 : a manual way by writing instructions manually, by a shell (PYTTY). A second way to download an image of the SO on a SSD and start the Ruspberry with insert the sd card ( but this procedure does not run on
my PI 3... so I have shoosen the manual way where all was run correctly).
I have tryed to connect my PI 3 in WiFi and with Ethernet cable too withouth having solutions. In the settings of Pirelay app I wrote the IP address of PI 3 correctly.
Is there someone able to give my some suggestion ? The app Pirelay is a free app, but it possible pay for it. May be the problem is in the free app?
Thank you very much.

sting

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Good morning,

I have buy a Ruspbarry PI3 B+ . sw rwlease: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7.
I am using it in my network. All is ok.

I install Android app PIRELAY on my android Phone and I have followed the instructions to set my ruspberry as described in the site : https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/ . My Problem is when I use Pirelay app because is showen the message :
PI NOT DETECTED IN NETWORK.
There are two ways to prepare the ruspberry with app PIRELAY in the website : one by writing instructions manually, by a shell (PYTTY). A second way : downloading image of the SO, save it on a SSD card and start the Ruspberry with insert this SSD card, but this procedure does not run my PI 3... so I have choosen the manual way where all seems installed correctly,.

I have tryed to connect my PI 3 in WiFi and with Ethernet cable too withouth having solutions. In the settings of Pirelay app I wrote the IP address of PI 3 correctly.

Is there someone able to give my some suggestion ? The app Pirelay is a free app, but it possible pay for it. May be the problem is in the free app?

Italian lenguage :
Ho comprato un Ruspbarry PI3 B +. sw rwlease: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7.
Lo sto usando nella mia rete. Va tutto bene.

Installa l'app Android PIRELAY sul mio telefono Android e ho seguito le istruzioni per impostare il mio ruspberry come descritto nel sito: https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/. Il mio problema è quando uso l'app Pirelay perché viene mostrato il messaggio:
PI NON RILEVATO IN RETE.
Ci sono due modi per preparare il Ruspberry con l'app PIRELAY nel sito: uno scrivendo le istruzioni manualmente, da una shell (PYTTY). Un secondo modo: scaricare l'immagine del SO, salvarlo su una scheda SSD e avviare il Ruspberry con l'inserimento di questa scheda SSD, ma questa procedura non esegue il mio PI 3 ... quindi ho scelto il modo manuale dove tutto sembra installato correttamente ,.

Ho provato a connettere il mio PI 3 in WiFi e anche con il cavo Ethernet senza soluzioni. Nelle impostazioni dell'applicazione Pirelay ho scritto correttamente l'indirizzo IP di PI 3.

C'è qualcuno in grado di dare qualche suggerimento? L'app Pirelay è un'app gratuita, ma è possibile pagarla. Il problema potrebbe essere

Thank you very much.

sting

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Stò usando un Ruspbarry PI3 B+ . sw rwlease: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7.
Ho installato l'app Android Pirelay e quando attivo/disattivo una uscita da questa app, mi visualizza il messaggio : PI not detected in Network.
nelle impostazioni dell' app ho assegnato l'indirizzo del router (192.168.1.53). Ho provato anche con il cavo ethernet (indirizzo IP assegnato dal router : 192.168.1.54).
Per quanto riguarda le istruzioni per praparare il Ruspberry PI, Ho seguito il metodo 1 specificato nel sito https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/ .
Premetto che Il ruspbarry funziona bene nella mia network. E' solo quando uso l'app Pirelay io ho il problema descritto.
Potete aiutarmi?
Grazie

Cmora111

Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Is there a way to have the relay on for a period of tome and the shut off?

I would like to use the app to open and close a chicken coop door. I'm using relays 1 and 2

Thanks
Carlos

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”