JBVrebo

Re: Control Relay Switches via Android using a Raspberry Pi

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 am

I have installed the PIrelay app. I have a 16 channel relay from Sainsmart but I can only switch on the individual relays but not switch them off. what am I doing wrong :?:

Twitchit

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 pm

I am new to raspberry pi and im having trouble using this. First, I tried downloading the image. then, I tried the cut and paste method.

When I downloaded the image, I used a proper SD card formatter to prepare the card. I downloaded and extracted the image to a folder on my desktop using firefox as my browser. I then used balena etcher to put the file on the SD card. after it was done, it said file was corrupt. I tried this method 3 times.

That's when I tried to do cut and paste the script. My problem here is apache. I cant get past the initial apache page. Like I said. I am new to the raspberry pi as well as programing. ay help would be appreciated.

sting

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Good morning,
I have buy a Ruspbarry PI3 model and I am using it in my network. All is ok.
Well, I have download the Android app PIRELAY on my android Phone and I have followed the instructions to set my the PI 3 as described in the site : https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/ so I can drive GPIO outputs of my PI 3 by this app. My Problem is when I use Pirelay app because is showen the message : PI NOT DETECTED IN NETWORK.
There are two ways in the dexscribted in the website to config the PI 3 : a manual way by writing instructions manually, by a shell (PYTTY). A second way to download an image of the SO on a SSD and start the Ruspberry with insert the sd card ( but this procedure does not run on
my PI 3... so I have shoosen the manual way where all was run correctly).
I have tryed to connect my PI 3 in WiFi and with Ethernet cable too withouth having solutions. In the settings of Pirelay app I wrote the IP address of PI 3 correctly.
Is there someone able to give my some suggestion ? The app Pirelay is a free app, but it possible pay for it. May be the problem is in the free app?
Thank you very much.

sting

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Good morning,

I have buy a Ruspbarry PI3 B+ . sw rwlease: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7.
I am using it in my network. All is ok.

I install Android app PIRELAY on my android Phone and I have followed the instructions to set my ruspberry as described in the site : https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/ . My Problem is when I use Pirelay app because is showen the message :
PI NOT DETECTED IN NETWORK.
There are two ways to prepare the ruspberry with app PIRELAY in the website : one by writing instructions manually, by a shell (PYTTY). A second way : downloading image of the SO, save it on a SSD card and start the Ruspberry with insert this SSD card, but this procedure does not run my PI 3... so I have choosen the manual way where all seems installed correctly,.

I have tryed to connect my PI 3 in WiFi and with Ethernet cable too withouth having solutions. In the settings of Pirelay app I wrote the IP address of PI 3 correctly.

Is there someone able to give my some suggestion ? The app Pirelay is a free app, but it possible pay for it. May be the problem is in the free app?

Italian lenguage :
Ho comprato un Ruspbarry PI3 B +. sw rwlease: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7.
Lo sto usando nella mia rete. Va tutto bene.

Installa l'app Android PIRELAY sul mio telefono Android e ho seguito le istruzioni per impostare il mio ruspberry come descritto nel sito: https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/. Il mio problema è quando uso l'app Pirelay perché viene mostrato il messaggio:
PI NON RILEVATO IN RETE.
Ci sono due modi per preparare il Ruspberry con l'app PIRELAY nel sito: uno scrivendo le istruzioni manualmente, da una shell (PYTTY). Un secondo modo: scaricare l'immagine del SO, salvarlo su una scheda SSD e avviare il Ruspberry con l'inserimento di questa scheda SSD, ma questa procedura non esegue il mio PI 3 ... quindi ho scelto il modo manuale dove tutto sembra installato correttamente ,.

Ho provato a connettere il mio PI 3 in WiFi e anche con il cavo Ethernet senza soluzioni. Nelle impostazioni dell'applicazione Pirelay ho scritto correttamente l'indirizzo IP di PI 3.

C'è qualcuno in grado di dare qualche suggerimento? L'app Pirelay è un'app gratuita, ma è possibile pagarla. Il problema potrebbe essere

Thank you very much.

sting

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Stò usando un Ruspbarry PI3 B+ . sw rwlease: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7.
Ho installato l'app Android Pirelay e quando attivo/disattivo una uscita da questa app, mi visualizza il messaggio : PI not detected in Network.
nelle impostazioni dell' app ho assegnato l'indirizzo del router (192.168.1.53). Ho provato anche con il cavo ethernet (indirizzo IP assegnato dal router : 192.168.1.54).
Per quanto riguarda le istruzioni per praparare il Ruspberry PI, Ho seguito il metodo 1 specificato nel sito https://pirelay.jasonfindlay.com/ .
Premetto che Il ruspbarry funziona bene nella mia network. E' solo quando uso l'app Pirelay io ho il problema descritto.
Potete aiutarmi?
Grazie

Cmora111

Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Is there a way to have the relay on for a period of tome and the shut off?

I would like to use the app to open and close a chicken coop door. I'm using relays 1 and 2

Thanks
Carlos

Chenko

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:32 am

Good morning
I wanna try using the pirelay app i need to know if i. Will need internet access before i can control my pi am in and area were internet connection is not the best and its not reliable so i need to know.

Chenko

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:25 am

Hello
I tried setting up the pirelay app on my raspberry an following the steps above but the android app kips telling me that pi not detected in the network why is that can you help me or giv me directions

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”