pcmanbob

Re: Rpi and relay to switch on/off lights

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:02 pm

At the end of the day its up to the person hows making the connections to decide what could code to use, yes it would be nice if everyone used the same colour code but that's never going to happen as there are just to many standards in different countries around the world.

I often use different colours for different projects.

for example when using my bench PSU to test a project I often use red for 5v, yellow for 12v, green for 3.3v and black for ground because that's what the PSU uses.

Having worked on many different control systems I am used to opening a panel to find every cable within it is just one colour.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

DougieLawson

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Burngate wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 am

(In Britain at least) males are more likely to be colour-blind, and more likely to be electricians. The solution is to train more female electricians (or shoot the male ones)
The safer option was to choose brown for live, blue for neutral and green/yellow for earth .
Any language using left-hand whitespace for syntax is ridiculous

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Burngate

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:59 pm

Before I was allowed to join Thames TV I had to take a colour-blindness test. They weren't worried about my life - it was their pictures they were considering.
I passed, but I still managed to ruin some perfectly good pictures.

Marconi, in their Mk 7 camera, used pink for everything. They must have got a job-lot of it.
Fine for most things, but between the main body of the CCU and its drop-down front panel there was a harness of a hundred or so separate pink wires, tensioned by a spring. Fatigue in the copper meant they'd start breaking in batches. That was fun.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”