I'm thinking on making a new project for electric door access, but i dont know if i can do it with Raspberry PI.
There is a example of a similar project here:
There are a lot of features that may be added:
- Open door by SMS (sms proxy, dont need gsm modem)
- Open door by program (easy to do, maybe mobile program with login that send the command to open door, or a page with login to open doors)
- Who have opened the door (apache+php+sql)
- RFID reader (maybe by usb? or is there a better option?)
- Keyboard code reader (dont know how to do that, but opening the door with a pin would be great too)
- Face recognition (Hard to do, but a usb camera and some algorithm)
- Voice recognition (Maybe crazy, but it is an idea)
- Fingerprint (probably a usb fingerprint, maybe too expensive...)
I think that the hard work is making the raspberry open the door, it needs a "PUSH" and "GND" wires, i know that arduino can do this, but it will be more expensive with all the features i need.
For usb ports, i need a hub for power?
Any help will be great.