mpodroid

VoIP intercom and door bell system

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 am

Hi all,

I'd like to share with community my first project with raspberry http://marpoz.blogspot.it/2013/01/door-berry-10_9.html

At the moment only audio is managed and in the next version I'll add video and multi-station support

Intercom is installed and working, but still having some issue with USB soundcard: dmesg reports many " retire_capture_urb: 27 callbacks suppressed" during audio board usage. Some hints?

Marco

mpodroid

Re: VoIP intercom and door bell system

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi,

I updated github repo at https://github.com/mpodroid/door-berry to include HW watchdog and autoanswer mode.

Despite USB warnings, everything seems OK and working.
Marco

tiger79

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 am

Hi,
is there any way I could contact you directly ?

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:05 am

You mean either via pm on this forum, or via github? :D
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

TheD6Bel

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:19 am

Hello,

by chance, that you will make a step by step for the (noob :lol: ) beginner that I am?

your project is really what I want, the similar projects are very rare on web.

TMHEINE

Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:18 am

Hi there,

are there any news of this project?
I planned to build my own door intercom with camera and VOIP.
So i´m very interested in this project.

Thank´s

Tom

kup4ooo

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:13 am

Hi,

I met the same problem as you. I change my current phone system with VoIP.
So I need an intercom device (one button, mic, speaker in good looking box). I see the prices and I was surpised.
Since I buy my SIP phones for 15 euro each, I was having an Idea to make one of the phones a part and use it as intercom,
but It does not have auto hang up. So when the user as example, press one button (6 as example) which is for dialing the ring group
the phone must pick up automatic and dial, then when one of the ring group picks up and hear who is it on the door and close the phone then the intercome must close the phone also or it will be heard busy noise forever.

So my plan is to make a Pi as a SIP client and hide it somwhere in the building and only mic, button and speaker in to the outside box. I am interested of an autodial part and hangup part.

P.S: You can resolve the problem with the SD card with adding a flash dirve - 4GB as example. Format it as usual when you writes the image. Format the same way the sd card. Then change the partition which must PI boot in the SD card and
lock the card for write from the switch and from the system. This decides a lot of problems to me. Also I add a button for shut it down when it needs to. And also a backup power supply from meanwell with and AMSR1.5-7805-NZ stabiliser.

P.P.S.: I have and project with PI and Arduino with RFID reader which writes the tags with time and date to an external server if there is a connection if not it uses local DB. If you find this as usable - for access control as example write me on kup4ooo@gmail.com.

pesh000

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:59 am

Is there somebody who can make a simple tutorial with a circuit diagram and how to setup the sip client to pbx?

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”