dmaabad

Remote Wireless Temperature Sensor

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:59 am

So I stumbled upon this project and I wanted to upgrade it. How can I upload the data to a website so I can remotely get the data from a different area wherein my raspberry pi is not connected to my local wifi but to a wifi in its area so it can upload the data to my website?

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp8266 ... rpwtSY7npg

neilgl

Re: Remote Wireless Temperature Sensor

Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Get the esp8266 (or a pi) to upload the temperature readings (a topic) to an mqtt server on the public internet. Your pi in your house can then subscribe to that topic, and show the data on web pages hosted on the pi or draw graphs etc. (using grafana say) Or your exiting web server that is on the public internet.

knute

Re: Remote Wireless Temperature Sensor

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 pm

I think the simplest way would be to have your Pi send the data to the web server by whatever means you normally use to upload content. I wrote some software for a Pi that gets a photograph and data from a mountain top radio repeater site, creates a composite image with the photo and the sensor data and then sends that via FTP to the web server. If you can run scripts on your web server then you can just upload a file with the temperature and humidity in it. If you can't do that you could upload the whole page that you are displaying but that could be a little bit much. The other option is to create an image with the temperature and humidity drawn on it and upload that periodically. The page could be made to automatically reload itself on a specific schedule.

These are fun things to do. If you want some help with it just ask.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”