Try looking at the page for the YouTubers videos e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/user/bensdmkII/ ... pp=desktop
(link safe for work and home)
Then use Beautiful Soup
to scrape the page
Look for the
and if the first one does not match the last time you looked it’s a new video.
So the process becomes:
1) Create a ‘last video’ file with nothing in it
2) Use Python ‘requests’ module to get the page of the YouTuber you are watching
3) Use Beautiful Soup to extract the video titles
4) If first title matches file contents exit the program
5) Save the new title to the ‘last video’ file
6) Light the LED
You will also need a little program to turn off the LED and maybe launch the video...
Note this will fail if the last video is deleted (as the second will become the ‘new’ first) or YouTube changes layout...
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...