I actually own a shop in Ireland and in order to reduce the electricity costs, I would like to turn the lights on downstairs only if someone is going. Raspberry pi solution seems pretty good but I would like to be really sure of what I need to complete this project. As the begining of the stairs (where I would like to place the sensor) are a couple of meters away from the switch (actually there is 9 switches) I would say:
- Raspberry pi 0 w and power supply
- Case to protect it
- sensor to detect someone cross a line (which one exactly?)
- WiFi switch to control from the raspberry
- maybe a button to switch on/off the lights manually (can't risk the lights turning off automatically because someone is not moving downstairs).
- OR I can make an app to control the lights from the phone.
- OR the best solution would be without any waves (WiFi or Bluetooth) and wire everything but not sure it is possible and which raspberry I would need.
Also, actually, we (my partner or myself) share the connexion from the phone to access internet, so no router.
If someone has a simple answer, it would be great!