isfandyar01

how to write flash memory of mpu6050 for using dmp on board using python

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:34 pm

i am working on mpu6050 for couple of days i get raw data for it convert it use complementary filter and use the data but my mpu gyro always drift away only possible and best solution is too use dmp of mpu 6050 i saw arduino code issue with that is it use progmem syntax to program flash memory of mpu register so that dmp can be used how can i program flash memory using python over i2c bus

Joel_Mckay

Re: how to write flash memory of mpu6050 for using dmp on board using python

Wed May 01, 2019 6:11 am

InvenSense gyros tend to drift pretty badly/fast, and setting a low-pass down-sampling filter only gets you so far.

A slower magnetometer is important as it usually offers the only true consistent directional reference using magnetic declination (once calibrated). Unfortunately, these "9-axis" units are not immune to problems like large magnets (speakers can pin a sensor into error) or large metal objects.

Generally, people will combine the sensor-fusion steps with a multi-axis Kalman filter, and just use Quaternion math to avoid singularities. Thus, you end up weighting the certainty of each 3-axis sensor, suppressing drift/noise, and handle the ambiguities caused in a "6-axis" sensor.

It really depends on what you are trying to build, and who you have around to help you.... ;-)
The chip maker may be more useful in this regard.... I am still traumatized by a terrible job I had getting these chips on spec... hint: the error bound increases non-linearly with the angle offset, and can be a pain to tune for a prior-state dependent filter...

Best of luck, =)
J

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”