Speranskiy

RPi to replace Oregon Scientific sensor

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:43 am

Hi there!
The most frequent result for Oregon Scientific + Raspberry Pi key words is how to intercept data coming from Oregon's sensors. It was my intention to use my 433MHz reciever too. But I've got my sensor stolen while the reciever was shipped so I need to come up with alternative way to use it.
I saw that the generic Chinese 433MHz reciever can act as transmitter too. Si my idea is to send somehow data I scrapped from the Web to my now orphaned Oregon Scientific station. I've googled and haven't found anything about this implemented. I think it's pretty simple to send data in 433MHz but it's a matter to encode it properly to be consumed by the station.
So my questions are:
Is it indeed possible to send data using 433MHz reciever?
Is there a project out there to simply encode my data to Oregon's proto?
Thanks!

Andyroo

Re: RPi to replace Oregon Scientific sensor

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Have a look at this video from 'The Gent with a Swiss accent' https://youtu.be/L0fSEbGEY-Q e details the software defined radio software and connects to a weather station.

Though a significant number of his videos are for the Arduino, a lot of good info can be found. For example, this one https://youtu.be/LE1CvGWqSsw covers a different frequency but similar use of the software.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Speranskiy

Re: RPi to replace Oregon Scientific sensor

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks!
But the problem is there is a rolling key using in the packets so it's not just "copy the packet and retranslate it".
Here is my progress on this. I've managed to compile and launch this arduino scetch on my Raspberry Pi using this project. Now I can recieve and decode packets using OregonPi so my output looks like this. The problem is my oregon station doesn't pick up my packets for some reason. Could be timing issue, because for each channel there is a time frame when the station accepts packets.

Any ideas?
Attachments
scrot.jpg
scrot.jpg (22.89 KiB) Viewed 337 times

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”