rachelga

Colour Prompted Autonomous Vehicle

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Hello! I'm currently rushing to complete my school project where I have to implement a state machine to create an autonomous vehicle.

I would also have to make use of OpenCV on my RaspberryPi (Running Ubuntu) and it's PiCam. The RPi will be communicating with an Arduino for the running of motors.

I would like to have the PiCam run a live feed and the moment it detects a colour (Blue for instance), to return a value (e.g. int 1) to my programme on RPi (for my state machine to proceed and run a specific function.

I have done quite a bit of research but I am lost at the moment as I am not sure how to go about using OpenCV to detect a colour and then return a value to my programme.

Thanks to everyone in advanced! Really appreciate any help :)

The Traveler

Re: Colour Prompted Autonomous Vehicle

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm currently rushing to complete my school project ...
Uh-huh. :roll:
I have done quite a bit of research but I am lost at the moment as I am not sure how to go about using OpenCV to detect a colour and then return a value to my programme.
Let's see what you've accomplished. Post your code.
Retired IT professional, C programmer and "beardie weirdie".
RPi interests: Developing an Infinite Improbability Drive
“Thinking outside of the box allows you to get rewards outside of your reach.” Matshona Dhliwayo

rachelga

Re: Colour Prompted Autonomous Vehicle

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:47 am

I managed to complete the projects with advice from a friend well versed in the topic. Thanks anyway.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”