johari4president

PS4 controlled robot

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello all,

I plan to build a 2 wheel drive robot controlled with a pi 3 b+ model, and it is to be controlled using a PS4 Controller. Any tips on how to do that? This is my first project and I have 0 experience, so if you guys could use simple terms for me to understand, that would be great. I need to know how to connect (and use) the controller to the pi, how to actually upload the code to the pi, and how to connect the motors and the like to the pi.

topguy

Re: PS4 controlled robot

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:01 pm

For robot building you can start by looking at the answers in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=218146

( There really should be some sticky threads with FAQ in this subforum )

For the PS4 controller its mostly used by retro-gaming enthusiast so they have a lot of information:
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... Controller

Then how to use the input from the controller will depend on which programming language you will used for your robot.

drgeoff

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:46 pm

johari4president wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 pm
Hello all,

I plan to build a 2 wheel drive robot controlled with a pi 3 b+ model, and it is to be controlled using a PS4 Controller. Any tips on how to do that? This is my first project and I have 0 experience, so if you guys could use simple terms for me to understand, that would be great. I need to know how to connect (and use) the controller to the pi, how to actually upload the code to the pi, and how to connect the motors and the like to the pi.
Diving in at the deep end?

The Traveler

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:47 pm

This is my first project and I have 0 experience, so if you guys could use simple terms for me to understand, that would be great.
Start with MUCH simpler projects and work your way up as your knowledge and experience increases.
Retired IT professional, C programmer and "beardie weirdie".
RPi interests: Developing an Infinite Improbability Drive
“Thinking outside of the box allows you to get rewards outside of your reach.” Matshona Dhliwayo

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”