mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Stereo camera with CM3 inside for OpenCV learners, drones and robotics

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:49 pm

no it doesn't.
A CM (any model) simply has two camera ports, and software to use them both at the same time. No GPIO's are used to obtain stereo view.

Realizator

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 am

nirvenesh20 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:33 pm
I've been very much intrested with the stereopi, but was just curious, if the stereo camera requires any GPIO jumpers to be connected. Its a concern as i plan to attach a 3.5 inch touch display (something like this https://www.cytron.io/p-3.5-inches-tft ... 0iEALw_wcB ) to the stereopi, and it wouldn't be possible if there's need for GPIO connectors for the cameras
nirvenesh20, mahjongg already answered your question. As I know you tried to repeat ROS experiment for depth map and used Pi devboard. On devboard you need to make some pin commutations by wires to enable both cameras, but in StereoPi this already done inside PCB. So all GPIO available for you.

jemartel

Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 am

I just setup my crowdsupply stereopi. Using the included 8gb SD card and initially connected HDMI screen and keyboard, I booted my assembly without changing anything on the SD card "stereopi.conf". My assembly booted, I saw initial Linux text on screen and then nothing. But actually, I had an image coming from ONLY the right camera. I had wanted to setup configuration "assumed a desktop or raspi-config" but my keyboard and mouse were inop. I powered down and determined that the USB cable with plug mod needed to be installed to power the USB ports. I then again looked at the 8gb SD card and the "stereopi.conf" file, I changed to 3D mode, and added my wifi information. My WIFI and network use "10.0.0.xxx" settings, can I change the "192.168.1.10:3000" entry to "10.0.0.130:3000" and not muckup the streaming? Right now, all I see on the HDMI desktop is two strawberries, I also see same image of strawberries when I connect to the browser, I can access the admin panel via laptop browser and Android APP, but no video, only two strawberries. I have also tried the "SLP" image with same results no video from cameras.
I haven't tried default Raspbian Image yet, that is next test. I am assuming that the stereopi does not have a wifi module correct? and will require a USB stick module unless I leave network cable installed, but I still need to address network IP address that the SD card's appear hard coded to

Realizator

Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 am

jemartel wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 am
I just setup my crowdsupply stereopi. Using the included 8gb SD card and initially connected HDMI screen and keyboard, I booted my assembly without changing anything on the SD card "stereopi.conf". My assembly booted, I saw initial Linux text on screen and then nothing. But actually, I had an image coming from ONLY the right camera. I had wanted to setup configuration "assumed a desktop or raspi-config" but my keyboard and mouse were inop. I powered down and determined that the USB cable with plug mod needed to be installed to power the USB ports. I then again looked at the 8gb SD card and the "stereopi.conf" file, I changed to 3D mode, and added my wifi information. My WIFI and network use "10.0.0.xxx" settings, can I change the "192.168.1.10:3000" entry to "10.0.0.130:3000" and not muckup the streaming? Right now, all I see on the HDMI desktop is two strawberries, I also see same image of strawberries when I connect to the browser, I can access the admin panel via laptop browser and Android APP, but no video, only two strawberries. I have also tried the "SLP" image with same results no video from cameras.
I haven't tried default Raspbian Image yet, that is next test. I am assuming that the stereopi does not have a wifi module correct? and will require a USB stick module unless I leave network cable installed, but I still need to address network IP address that the SD card's appear hard coded to
Jemartel, looks like your camera cables inserted incorreclty (right like in this case on our forum). If they are connected correctly, you should see 2 images on your HDMI monitor (quick equipment test in our Wiki).

SLP image is not intended for keyboard and mouse. You may think of StereoPi with SLP as of a router. Usually you are not connecting keyboard, mouse and a monitor to your router, but use administration panel. For "desktop"-like experience you may use classic Raspbian (just add dt-blob.bin), or our Raspbian image with OpenCV.

StereoPi with WiFi dongle will get IP address from your router by DHCP. Address you see in stereopi.conf (that is 192.168.1.10:3000) is sitting in this row:

Code: Select all

mpegts_clients=192.168.1.10:3001
and means it is IP address for MPEG TS video stream, but not StereoPi IP address. You can see this address in Admin panel in your stream settings. So if you add WiFi dongle, StereoPi will have IP address according to your router settings (10.0.0.xxx).

Yes, StereoPi has no built-in WiFi, and you may use USB dongle you wish. Do not forget to set "wlan0" name in config file, as described here in our Wiki.

gtoal

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Realizator wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:32 pm
gtoal wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:17 am
Two comments from me. 1) I jumped on this as soon as I saw it because I'm a stereo photographer from way back and thought this was going to be hardware-synchronised frame grabbing, especially for video - I was a little disappointed when I read that the cameras are shot sequentially with a 1ms delay between them. We'll just have to see how significant that is, for movies with a lot of motion or for high-speed stills photography.
@gtoal, I think for your described usage scenario you'll face other cameras limitations earlier than sync issues. For example, a rolling shutter for high-speed photos. You see, we are practitioners, not theoretics. So if our bakers asks us specific question about synchronization, we prefer to answer with the technical details, but not with advertisers style like "it's Ok". In our experiments we were unable to capture and measure this unsync, and it is very interesting for us to compare our results with other users. I just want to tell you that in practice you need to do a lot of work to force unsync issue and to measure it :-)
Just in case you haven't come across his work, Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt has been doing some great work in this and related areas!

https://github.com/Hermann-SW/Raspberry ... al_shutter

(another thing of interest in his pages that I haven't fully understood yet is the '--left3D' option for a single V2 camera...: https://github.com/Hermann-SW/userland/ ... 91609eeb03 )

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”