scheppen

Is this a good relay schematic

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi all,

I've just been playing with my pi zero and relayboard. I've made now this schematic. I just wanted to ask if this is a good one. Its party working in real life. When I switch the most right led on, then i'm able to turn the other ones on or off(which is a good thing :D). But the right led is only lighting up when i turn one of the left leds on. How can i solve this.
What I want is that the most right led is a sort of safety led. If this led is turned on i want to be able to switch the other ones on or off. Otherwise i dont want to be able to switch leds to the left on.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (236.02 KiB) Viewed 233 times

pcmanbob

Re: Is this a good relay schematic

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 pm

This is how I would wire the circuit so that the master relay controls the other 3.

Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

scheppen

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:27 am

Thanks! this is what ive been looking for.
Works like a charm. Now the next step is understanding node-red :D

Z80 Refugee

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:16 am

Yes, but do you now understand why your original circuit didn't work? You were trying to share the current that is enough to run one LED between up to three other LEDs.

I realise it is "boring" to learn the basis of electronics before shoving anything together, but it really is necessary!
Military and Automotive Electronics Design Engineer (retired)

For the best service: make your thread title properly descriptive, and put all relevant details in the first post (including links - don't make us search)!

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”