atulp

MQTT broker on Raspberry pi for communication between node MCU and AWS through RPI

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 am

Hi,
I am planning to use Raspberry pi as MQTT broker connected to one end on nodemcu and other end to AWS cloud.
There is a temperature sensor connected to Nodemcu.
Node MCU will publish temperature value as MQTT message. This message will be subscribed by AWS.

In the same way messagefrom AWS will be subscribed by NodeMCU to act on it.

I am able to establish secure comunication between Raspbery pi and AWS however facing challenges in establishing communication(wireless) between Raspberry pi and NodeMCU.

Any pointers would be helpful.

asandford

Re: MQTT broker on Raspberry pi for communication between node MCU and AWS through RPI

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Can the Pi ping the NodeMCU?

henmina53

Re: MQTT broker on Raspberry pi for communication between node MCU and AWS through RPI

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 am

Hey Is MQTT broker running on Node MCU, as I am also trying to connect one of my wireless sensor with Node MCU which help me to get connected with AWS cloud but still I am not there is no progress,
If any suggestion you give, will be much helpful for me.

asandford

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:57 pm

henmina53 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 am
Hey Is MQTT broker running on Node MCU, as I am also trying to connect one of my wireless sensor with Node MCU which help me to get connected with AWS cloud but still I am not there is no progress,
If any suggestion you give, will be much helpful for me.
The broker won't be running on the mcu (AFAIA there's no broker software for the mcu, just client), but your client will be

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”