ffrige

xenomai on Pi3

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 am

Hello,

I have been searching everywhere but failed to find a ready image of xenomai for the Pi3. I need hard real-time for my application (control a 6ax robot with servo drives via fieldbus) and thought that xenomai is the only option I have. I tried with the simple RT preempt patch but got too much jitter out of the ethernet port and was not able to reliably connect to the drives.

Does anybody know where to get a ready xenomai image? I am not confident in building one myself.

Thanks!

fruitoftheloom

Re: xenomai on Pi3

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:50 pm

ffrige wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 am
Hello,

I have been searching everywhere but failed to find a ready image of xenomai for the Pi3. I need hard real-time for my application (control a 6ax robot with servo drives via fieldbus) and thought that xenomai is the only option I have. I tried with the simple RT preempt patch but got too much jitter out of the ethernet port and was not able to reliably connect to the drives.

Does anybody know where to get a ready xenomai image? I am not confident in building one myself.

Thanks!
Old post but: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=74686
My only "PC" is an Asus ChromeBit running ChromeOS, cloudcentric at its best !
Rockchip Quad-Core RK3288C SoC as used in ASUS Chromebook C201 & Chromebook Flip C100PA as well as the Tinker SBC.
3 Mobile Huawei E5330 Mobile Mi-Fi

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”