bensimmo

Re: Anti-mosquito laser turret - requesting circuit design h

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:16 pm

I'm more (was) used to working down the other end in the UV with Excimers some 20 years back (didn't 'play' with the fs back then but we had one) but did use them about 10 years ago for a project.

Good times for me.

mccpie01

Re: Anti-mosquito laser turret - requesting circuit design help

Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Is there a How to build, Anywhere avaleble? IS the softwere avaleble?

piglet

Re: Anti-mosquito laser turret - requesting circuit design h

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:01 pm

karrika wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:52 am
Killing mosquitoes one by one is surely more ecological than the Swedish invention to put a small layer of oil on top of your grill and leave it on a low temperature for the night. It kills mosquitoes by the thousands every night. They get attracted to heat and carbon dioxide.

As an aside, I don't see this as not ecological. It's quite a graceful solution to the problem.

If the fuel is charcoal then it's just releasing CO2 captured by the tree which would have been released anyway at some point when the tree rotted. The electricity for this project is unlikely to have been made using 100% green methods is it?

mccpie01

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:44 pm

For my needs is not the solution. I want to destroy a swarm of Locusts before they reach a feeding ground. So burning off their wings sound like a good solution to me.

PhilBurns

Tue May 28, 2019 8:03 am

Hi
Has there been any progress on this? I am interested in building the same thing. Is there any info on the code used locate the object in the hot zone and then control the galvo mirrors to direct the laser pointer to light up the object?

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”