Quick update on my doorbell server: I have successfully built a RPi circuit that monitors the existing door bell coil. The picture is attached. I ended up putting the doorbell coil in parallel with the control relay coil and used a 13VAC Dayton control relay; this was because I measured 13VAC across the door bell coil when the door bell switch was met.
If anyone has any questions please let me know.
Also, I am modifying the server python code to run in "headless" mode, and modifying the client apps to detect when the server is disconnected from the network due to a power being cut / shutdown without shutting down the server script.
- BellPi.JPG (42.39 KiB) Viewed 1127 times