RPi Control Board v 1.0.0

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:08 am

Hi all,
for some project I create RPi Control Board with follow functionality :
* 1x Signalling RGB LED
* 2x Signalling Green LED
* Modular header for 1-wire devices
* DS18B20 temperature sensor
* 5x pins header with 3x IO lines (keys connector)
* 4x pins header with 2x IO lines (PWM IO pins)
* Pig-back connector to Raspberry Pi
* Small Footprint

Board isnt HAT. I need small footprint, and good heat dissipation from CPU. Also board is created for particular RPi case ( i like it very much, but it is look like RS dont sell it any more) where LEDs place to form unique look of RPi sign. Even case isnt available any more, board may be used for some other project too.

I create Python daemon for controlling LEDs, from different parallel applications, too.

More technical data and software are available on URL http://pcb.daince.net/doku.php?id=rpi_c ... board_v100.

danjperron

Re: RPi Control Board v 1.0.0

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 am

Nice but it is a bad place to put a temperature sensor.

Just the heat of the Pi by itself will increase the temperature and with the enclosure it will be even worse.

dpenezic

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi,
that is feature :), I would like to know what is temperature in case (do we have enough air circulation) and if is needed to "shutdown" RPi. Complete is use for 365/24 system.

How ever it is 1-Wire interface so you may connect another sensor to measure outside environment temperature.

Thanks for comment.

Massi

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:52 pm

dpenezic wrote:that is feature :), I would like to know what is temperature in case (do we have enough air circulation) and if is needed to "shutdown" RPi. Complete is use for 365/24 system.
lol, this would be a perfect Apple feature :)

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”