MangoKid

Python Multi-Stepper Control: SlushEngine

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello all,

This is my first open source project and i would like to get as much feedback as possible. We are currently kick-starting the project so that we can build it to a proper quality standard.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... tor-driver

The SlushEngine was developed with the local University (McMaster Hamilton) and we have been using it with students for quite some time. Now we want to get it out and start building a solid foundation for Python motion control (even though that seems pretty tabo with a scripting language).

This is intended to be a long term project supported by me and the university so please help and give critical feedback.

Thanks!!

gagamba

Re: Python Multi-Stepper Control: SlushEngine

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:12 am

This is a pretty cool board - checked out your kickstarter. How many changes are you looking to make prior to selling on your website, compared to the product on the campaign?

Thanks

MangoKid

Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:23 am

Thanks! We intend the product on our site to be identical. We have spent a good amount of time testing and developing on this board and we are confident with its performance.

However if major issues are raised by the community we may make changes based on that feedback.

If the kickstarter goes well the biggest change will be adding more expansion modules to suit particular applications.

gagamba

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:35 am

Awesome! I'm definitely getting one, but do you think you'll be able to hit your August ship date?

mung

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Could it run oriental motor vexta PK564BW bipolar stepper with this board?

MangoKid

Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 pm

yes it most certainly can.

It is a bipolar stepper motor with 1.3A per phase so it would be no trouble for the SlushEngine

mung

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:15 pm

MangoKid wrote:yes it most certainly can.

It is a bipolar stepper motor with 1.3A per phase so it would be no trouble for the SlushEngine
I am not sure I said the full spec I think it is 1.4A but it needs Sufficient to withstand 1.5 kV and it has a harmonic gear are you sure the slushengine has 1.5kv?

I think the spec is here: http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/p ... acktoname=

dobova86

Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:54 am

I'm interested in this board, but I missed Kickstarter campaign.. Is possible to buy it somewhere ? :?:

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”