matt872000

Korean Boiler/Underfloor Heating Control

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:26 am

I've been looking into setting up a boiler control for my apartment in Korea. Most of the boilers here, as far as I'm aware, are pretty standard in terms of the control panels.

I've been looking into nest and other possibilities for internet connected boiler/thermostat control but the thermostat and boiler controls are different from American ones seeing as Korea has its' own "Ondol" floor heating and boiler technology.

If there is anyone in the know about Korean boilers, would it be possible to interface a raspberry pi in order to control the boiler system? I'd love to able to control my boiler and set timers and even have remote control of my boiler and underfloor heating system and set it up with a raspberry pi. With some googling it was hard to find any of that information.

vectraboyv6

Re: Korean Boiler/Underfloor Heating Control

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm

yes. quite easy really.

you will need a relay board to wire into or bypass the heating timers which will conect back to the rpi.

the hard bit will be writting or creating the software!

matt872000

Re: Korean Boiler/Underfloor Heating Control

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Do you know of anywhere someone has tried this project before?

I heard on another forum that it's not really possible because the true control is actually in the boiler and it would be crazy to interface where the control panel interfaces.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”