Bill_J

Recording voltage versus time over distance.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:54 pm

I'd like to put IR illumination at my gate, 250' from 120vac. I'll later expand that with a videocamera with wifi. So, the initial load on a solar cell won't be a lot but I plan to expand. I picked up twelve 3 battery LI-ion packs having BMS boards. I'll be charging the battery packs with a solar cell controller. I'll be adding battery packs as stuff is added.

I want to make a voltage monitor to record the solar cell's output voltage versus time. The gate is in a heavily wooded area with no direct sunlight. Maybe 50' away a large tree had died and left an area among the trees where sunlight hits most days for a few hours. Maybe a few of the monitors with small solar cells just to monitor various spots and the main unit that would monitor and transmit the solar cell controller output. The solar cell would be mobile.

I'd like to use pi zeros. Haven't worked with a zero yet. I suspect even with a good antenna to a zero I'd have a tough time picking up the signal at 250'.

Suggestions please! Thanks.

Bill_J

Bill_J

Re: Recording voltage versus time over distance.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:02 pm

Okay, sometime or other I've gotten old. I'm really not prepared for another struggle with python, wire wrap or soldering. Can someone recommend a commercial solar cell location strength gauge/meter/device?

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”