evansusu

Combining light sensor and motion sensor with raspberry pi

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi just need a raspberry pi code to use:
Basically I'm combining a motion sensor, light sensor and camera module
Light sensor causes light to light up when surrounding light intensity is low and vice versa
Motion sensor detects motion and causes light to be brighter (means light already lighted up but becomes brighter)
Camera module is for facial recognition

PhatFil

Re: Combining light sensor and motion sensor with raspberry pi

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:59 pm

the approach many of us takeis to hunt down example projects concentrating on a single h/w component, then mash em together to fit your needs.. can you list the specific h/w your using or are you also looking for h/w pointers too.

motion sensors and light sensors are not all the same
here is an example using a popular and cheap light sensor
https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2015/ ... ty-sensor/

and here is the usual pir motion sensor, but from what i have read these can create false positives under many conditions,
https://maker.pro/raspberry-pi/tutorial ... ry-pi-gpio

but should get you started..

blimpyway

Re: Combining light sensor and motion sensor with raspberry pi

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Starting a post with "I just need a ... thing" won't make anyone doing that thing for you.

You either say what you have done and what went wrong and people might suggest fixes or you just say you have no idea where to start it and people will suggest you what you have to learn.

The way you phrased the first post here sounds like you expect someone will give you a whole project delivered just because you need it delivered.

PS if you search enough on "picamera api" and "opencv python motion detection" you'll find out that since you have a camera you don't need neither an extra motion detector or light sensor hardware

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”