chill07

Mopidy on Jasper

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello everyone, don't know if this is the correct place to post this topic. just wanna know if the current version of mopidy(for spotify) is still working on jasper. need to know asap ! need your help guys :(

topguy

Re: Mopidy on Jasper

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:43 am

These are two different software packages, they dont really work "on" eachother.
I belive both can be installed on Raspbian. And if Jasper can control MPD programs, it can control Mopidy because its just another MPD ( Music Player Deamon ) just with more features.

bacardi55

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:54 pm

You can check on the Jasper modules page here to see what's available or not.

I don't see a mopidy neuron though, so you could either create one for Jasper or look into Kalliopé (another alternative) that has a (basic so far) MPD (and specific Mopidy) integration

b55

chill07

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:45 am

i dont know if jasper can control an mpd. i hope it can. i also checked the jasper documentation site but according to some, it has not been updated for a very long time. I really need a voice assistant which can control an mpd.

theraspberryguy

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:20 am

Also, why not try out my script to talk to jasper from siri: https://thereallycoolstuff.wordpress.co ... sing-siri/
Here is my blog: https://thereallycoolstuff.wordpress.com

bacardi55

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 am

chill07 wrote:i dont know if jasper can control an mpd. i hope it can. i also checked the jasper documentation site but according to some, it has not been updated for a very long time. I really need a voice assistant which can control an mpd.
As said in my previous post, Kalliopé is a vocal assistant that can controll mpd and mopidy (can still be improved), but it does the job.
Kalliopé website
Kalliopé MPD /Mopidy demo integration (in french with subtitle)

Cheers,

chill07

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 pm

bacardi55 wrote:
chill07 wrote:i dont know if jasper can control an mpd. i hope it can. i also checked the jasper documentation site but according to some, it has not been updated for a very long time. I really need a voice assistant which can control an mpd.
As said in my previous post, Kalliopé is a vocal assistant that can controll mpd and mopidy (can still be improved), but it does the job.
Kalliopé website
Kalliopé MPD /Mopidy demo integration (in french with subtitle)

Cheers,
thank you very much sir. i'll try to use that. is installing it easy? i mean for a beginner like me? as i said i'm pretty much new to this.

bacardi55

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:48 pm

chill07 wrote:thank you very much sir. i'll try to use that. is installing it easy? i mean for a beginner like me? as i said i'm pretty much new to this.
Well, it's relatively easy, but bare in mind that you will to have to open a terminal and run a few commands…
NOrmally a simple pip install should do the trick or the easiest would be to download the rpi image provided.

Feel free as well to go to the gitter chat where someone can help you live

chill07

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:35 pm

bacardi55 wrote:
chill07 wrote:thank you very much sir. i'll try to use that. is installing it easy? i mean for a beginner like me? as i said i'm pretty much new to this.
Well, it's relatively easy, but bare in mind that you will to have to open a terminal and run a few commands…
NOrmally a simple pip install should do the trick or the easiest would be to download the rpi image provided.

Feel free as well to go to the gitter chat where someone can help you live
Thank you for the reply sir. Last question if you dont mind, is it free?

bacardi55

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:03 pm

chill07 wrote:Thank you for the reply sir. Last question if you dont mind, is it free?

It's more than just free, it's open source and free ;)

Shreyas JV

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:34 am

Hi,
With respect to the Raspberry Pi 2(b), I have Bluetooth Headphones(muffs) (https://www.infibeam.com/Portable_Elect ... 3772801232) which serve as a mic and give audio. I also have a portable portronics speaker(https://www.flipkart.com/portronics-pur ... 062730%3As) which can serve as audio for my virtual assistant. I have not been able to connect these devices to my raspberry pi and am not finding solutions anywhere.
I am trying to build Jasper(https://jasperproject.github.io), the virtual assistant like Siri or Alexa, however the bluetooth device is not pairing to enable audio control. I already have connected a mouse which has a bluetooth dongle(usb) and when I try to connect my muffs it says there is a problem in connection and to try from the audio menu.

I have not been able to connect these devices to my raspberry pi and am not finding solutions anywhere. Please, help.
Thanx

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”