arnoldvilleneuve

Re: Turn-key WordPress Server Image - PressPi

Sun May 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Well it took over three hours to download an add PressPi to the BerryBoot but it did add itself to the menu. However, when I booted I got an error. Hope this helps you figure out the issue with PressPi and RPi3.

The message says:

Rionoskae

Mon May 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Got my Raspberry Pi 3. Should be able to get an updated image up within the next week. :)

~Cheers,
Ryan

Rionoskae

Thu May 26, 2016 4:05 pm

v3.01 is live and tested working!

~Cheers
Rionoskae

paulwilliams

Sun May 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Rionoskae wrote:v3.01 is live and tested working!

~Cheers
Rionoskae

You Rock!

Popple32

Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks for this, I have installed it on my RaspberryPi 3 and it works like a charm. I have been one of those people who have installed the various components myself but because I experiment with so many different variations I always end up messing something up (like when I installed apache and lighttpd and then couldn't get either to work properly). So for me this is a nice starting point knowing that everything is set up correctly. I can now learn and fiddle and try and create things to integrate with this system (and make a backup once everything is set up so I don't screw it up again). Before I installed this I did in fact have a working web server but then wanted to explore a CMS system as we do this quite a bit at work so I thought why not. The instructions are spot on and everything is detailed if you want to do it yourself instead of just downloading the image.

Thanks very much for keeping the PressPi updated.

Rionoskae

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post here - These little thank you's really mean a lot and keep me motivated to maintain these images :)

Just out of curiosity - you said that you use stuff like this at work. Can I ask what for?

Popple32

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:37 pm

My pleasure :)

The company I work for develops websites for other companies and I am currently a tester but want to build up a nice profile to get into development. They are always using new technologies including various CMS systems so this will really help a lot.
Rionoskae wrote:Thanks for taking the time to post here - These little thank you's really mean a lot and keep me motivated to maintain these images :)

Just out of curiosity - you said that you use stuff like this at work. Can I ask what for?

Popple32

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:00 pm

I need some help please. I couldn't use FileZilla to upload any files from my other computer after creating a new WordPress template so I went ahead and changed the folder permissions. Now that I have changed the folder permissions my web server no longer works. Is there a way to fix this at all or am I better off at re-installing the image?

Rionoskae

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Popple32 wrote:I need some help please. I couldn't use FileZilla to upload any files from my other computer after creating a new WordPress template so I went ahead and changed the folder permissions. Now that I have changed the folder permissions my web server no longer works. Is there a way to fix this at all or am I better off at re-installing the image?
Samba is setup - so moving files should be easier that way if you would like to try that in the future.

As far as the folder permissions go. Impossible to say without knowing which folder and which command was run. For security reasons...I would probably go ahead and re-install.

Filezilla uses FTP or SFTP typically to connect, which are not enabled if memory serves me correctly.

Popple32

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks, I will re-install and try Samba instead.

I basically gave the pi user a+rwx permissions on the /www/ folder inside the nginx folder.

Popple32

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:17 am

Just thought I would let you know that re-installing and using Samba worked like a dream. Thank you so much.

Trigo

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:00 pm

How do i get wireless to work? I'm on raspberry pi 3 with 3.01 image version!

Rionoskae

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Trigo wrote:How do i get wireless to work? I'm on raspberry pi 3 with 3.01 image version!
Here is a pretty complete guide on it:
http://everyday-tech.com/raspberry-pi-w ... client-os/

frafrichile

Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:55 am

Hello OP ! Just wanted to say thank you !
You saved me a lot of time and configuration. Keep up !
Where can I donate a cup of coffee?
cheers

Rionoskae

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Glad to hear it :)

I actually just set one up but i guess the forums here aren't allowing me to add the html for the donate button here....

You can try this direct link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=f3 ... g9Rd0Apzym

Please let me know if that works or not. If not, no worries. I appreciate the sentiment :)

~Cheers

Trigo

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Once again i'm experiencing some issues on establishing a new user to the website! I've manage to install it from scratch and make it work on my home network, but i want to change the user and i don't know how to do it! I've tried on my wordpress page and i'm not able to do it! Do i have to add some user to mysql database? What are the steps to move forward?

Rionoskae

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Do you know how to add users in WordPress?

Trigo

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:28 pm

How do i do that?

Trigo

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:46 pm

It's done! Thanks anyway!

Trigo

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:01 pm

I've made a mistake when editing the http, of the wordpress website, now i'm not able to log in to the website! How do i make it to access the default value?

fapel

Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Hello,

Thank you for creating this image. It is working GREAT for me. I currently have 5 (low traffic) sites running on 1 Raspberry Pi and it is working very well.

I have a question about the disk size. I see that it is set at approximately 4GB. I am starting to get close to running out of space and I'm wondering how I expand the disk size. I have this running on a 32GB card, so I have plenty of physical space.

Thanks for your help!

Rionoskae

Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Did you run raspi config to expand the filesystem?

zerodegree

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:14 am

I have two sites in wordpress and am trying to add users too. i am struggling. any help. the sites are http://www.airconditioning-london.net and http://www.airconditioning-london.co.uk and i log in from wordpress

JordanMilne

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:30 pm

I am having serious issue on trying to get PressPi to work with Tablets and Phones, not sure if it just me. This is essential for me as I am trying to create a Community site for a local club.

Rionoskae

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:52 pm

Are you using a responsive WP theme?

Return to “Networking and servers”