Turn-key WordPress Server Image - PressPi

157 posts   Page 7 of 7   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
by JordanMilne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:18 pm
I am using the Rock Star theme which you can search for on Wordpress, it's when I click on somthing it redirects to presspi/ and it says server cannot be found.

It don't work at all when I update the plugins.
by Rionoskae » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:22 pm
JordanMilne wrote:I am using the Rock Star theme which you can search for on Wordpress, it's when I click on somthing it redirects to presspi/ and it says server cannot be found.

It don't work at all when I update the plugins.

If you want to make the site accessible to the outside world, you will need to follow the guide on page 1 to do so.
by Piwell » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:07 pm
Nice job! Keep Going!
it works with Wordpress Multisite?
When the next update? I wonder if i'll wait before I install it.

Thanx you so much for your creation. :D
by Rionoskae » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:50 pm
Yes it should work with Multi-site.
by Trigo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 pm
i'm not able to make it online! Any helps?
by Trigo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:35 pm
neither do i! Any help?
by munklefish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:18 am
This is a great raspi image. It's really useful for plugin dev work, and I plan on setting up several of these for different purposes / projects. I think this has great potential as a low cost, low power dev friendly environment. On that note, I've got a few suggestions that would make this even grreater (for me at least). ;-)

1) How about creating a variety of images? Say one with no plugins, and another with the currently included plugins. Ideally you might even create a set of profiles (eg a base image of just WordPress, a performance image with the currently included images, etc..)

2) Update the image to the latest version of Debian

3) Would it be possible to create a means by which users could customise their image(eg pick plugins to include or set-up passwords etc)

4) Include WP Pusher plugin. This allows you to automatically update plugins from a Github, GitBucket... repo. This is great for theme & plugin devs

5) Likewise adding other dev friendly tools like Query Monitor & Simply Show Hooks, are other near essential tools for devs & designers.
http://www.codeclinic.de