JordanMilne

Re: Turn-key WordPress Server Image - PressPi

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:18 pm

I am using the Rock Star theme which you can search for on Wordpress, it's when I click on somthing it redirects to presspi/ and it says server cannot be found.

It don't work at all when I update the plugins.

Rionoskae

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:22 pm

JordanMilne wrote:I am using the Rock Star theme which you can search for on Wordpress, it's when I click on somthing it redirects to presspi/ and it says server cannot be found.

It don't work at all when I update the plugins.
If you want to make the site accessible to the outside world, you will need to follow the guide on page 1 to do so.

Piwell

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:07 pm

Nice job! Keep Going!
it works with Wordpress Multisite?
When the next update? I wonder if i'll wait before I install it.

Thanx you so much for your creation. :D

Rionoskae

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:50 pm

Yes it should work with Multi-site.

Trigo

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 pm

i'm not able to make it online! Any helps?

Trigo

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:35 pm

neither do i! Any help?

munklefish

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:18 am

This is a great raspi image. It's really useful for plugin dev work, and I plan on setting up several of these for different purposes / projects. I think this has great potential as a low cost, low power dev friendly environment. On that note, I've got a few suggestions that would make this even grreater (for me at least). ;-)

1) How about creating a variety of images? Say one with no plugins, and another with the currently included plugins. Ideally you might even create a set of profiles (eg a base image of just WordPress, a performance image with the currently included images, etc..)

2) Update the image to the latest version of Debian

3) Would it be possible to create a means by which users could customise their image(eg pick plugins to include or set-up passwords etc)

4) Include WP Pusher plugin. This allows you to automatically update plugins from a Github, GitBucket... repo. This is great for theme & plugin devs

5) Likewise adding other dev friendly tools like Query Monitor & Simply Show Hooks, are other near essential tools for devs & designers.
http://www.codeclinic.de

yds

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:45 am

Hi. Just installed presspi, and trying to set it up for multisite. Went through the setup shown here http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/ ... e-network/, and after editing the wp-config.php and .htaccess files, as directed, can no longer log into the dashboard. It just keeps reloading the log-in page. Any suggestions??? BTW, I can access the site just fine at http://presspi/, but can't log into the dashboard. (keeps taking me to this url http://presspi/wp-login.php?redirect_to ... F&reauth=1

hiteshchauhan10

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Rionoskae wrote:
Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:36 pm
Working on 1.6 now - Will include the following:
-PHPmyadmin
-fail2ban
-raspcontrol
-?

Please feel free to make further suggestions!

@offcenter - I haven't had to do this personally yet, but I will definitely look into it. Does it really make that much of a difference?

Also was just testing the compressed version and was having difficulty with SSH, most likely the result of trimming the image (for some reason) since nothing else was changed.... Investigating now - but 1.6 will most likely be the 8gb size due to this recent discovery.

Update:
Got Raspcontrol installed + working - not sure on fail2ban implementation... Think I might opt for a simpler registration wordpress plugin to provide the end user with a bit more flexibility ( if they decide they want a different solution - easy enough to switch out )

~Cheers

PresspiUser

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:54 am

I've made my site viewable from outside my LAN, but was getting some pages with a mydomainname prefix and some with a presspi prefix. I thought this was because I'd changed both Wordpress Address and site address, so I changed site address back to presspi, but still had the same issue. In both cases, the effect was that I wasn't able to login to the admin pages, but could successfully browse the site pages (it's not a blog). Can anybody clarify please what the difference is between site URL and wordpress URL. I'm also confused over hostname. Should this be changed as well?

Return to “Networking and servers”