mrmikesalmon

Re: Turn-key WordPress Server Image - PressPi

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Cheers Ryan. I'll try later or tomorrow and let you know.

Mike

mrmikesalmon

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:44 am

Hi. I've tried the updated version - thanks. But unfortunately I'm getting the same error message. I can only assume that I am doing something wrong my end, or the download is failing somehow. Are there any configuration files within the image that could elude to any problems with the image I have?

Cheers,

Mike

Rionoskae

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:33 pm

There certainly might be - but nothing that i am familiar with.

There is one other option however for installing PressPi now. The latest version of berry boot should now enable you to download and install PressPi.
http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot

Beyond that, I would try a different SD card (if you haven't already), You could build it from scratch using my instructions ( I hope it doesn't come to that! ), SD formatter again, berry boot, different raspberry pi (if you have one) and of course make sure you are booting up without anything but power+network.

For what it's worth, both versions fired up for me on my raspberry pi 2 & b+. Wish i could be of more help here...

mrmikesalmon

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks. I'll give that a try and let you know. I'm hoping to be able to run an RMTP server simultaneously as PressPi used Nginx. Have you tried this, or do you know if its possible?

Thanks.

mrmikesalmon

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Result! I'm not sure how, but I've managed to get it working. I'm presuming I did something different and will retrace my steps and let you know when I've worked it out.

Can you just let me know what version of Nginx Press Pi is using? I need to add the RTMP server module to if in order to stream to the pi and then onto a wordpress page.

Cheers.

-Mike

paulwilliams

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:02 am

Does PressPi 3.0 work on Raspberry Pi 3?
It's 2am and insanity is creeping in.

paulwilliams

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:42 pm

Rionoskae wrote: We are working with Western Digital to have PressPi available in their new PiDrive units - So i'd like to maintain complete control of the PressPi project.

If anyone wants to build it from scratch, you can find the entire build instructions on my blog.

~Cheers,
Rionoskae
Did you get PressPi included in the WD PiDrive units?

Rionoskae

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:54 pm

paulwilliams wrote:
Rionoskae wrote: We are working with Western Digital to have PressPi available in their new PiDrive units - So i'd like to maintain complete control of the PressPi project.

If anyone wants to build it from scratch, you can find the entire build instructions on my blog.

~Cheers,
Rionoskae
Did you get PressPi included in the WD PiDrive units?
Why yes we did!

Rionoskae

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 pm

paulwilliams wrote:Does PressPi 3.0 work on Raspberry Pi 3?
It's 2am and insanity is creeping in.
It should yes. That being said, I don't have a Rasbpberry Pi 3 to test with currently.

gastenpa34an

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:05 pm

Hello!
I have been using presspi for half a year now and it has been working just fine! However today when I was going to check my web site I got "502 Bad gateway" and below "nginx/1.2.1", any ideas why?
/Niklas

Rionoskae

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:46 pm

gastenpa34an wrote:Hello!
I have been using presspi for half a year now and it has been working just fine! However today when I was going to check my web site I got "502 Bad gateway" and below "nginx/1.2.1", any ideas why?
/Niklas
Can you PM me your domain name/ip address?

Also, it may be worth doing a simple "Ctrl+F5" to force your browser to grab the latest copy of the site.

matteffs

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:03 am

i cant even connect to my own wifi on this.

rpi recognizes the wifi adapter but when i do iwconfig wlan0 essid mynetwork key mypassword nothing happens. according to iwconfig the adapter remains unassociated....

im sure this is basics for you guys but ive been at this for hours....

mrmikesalmon

Wed May 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi.

I've now got this up and running. Thanks, it's a really lovely set up. I'm now wondering if it's possible to add the RTMP module to the build. I'm hoping to use one pi to host a site and RTMP server/stream. I've seen from others that it is possible but am aware I'd need to recompile nginx to add it. Anybody got any experience of doing this with PressPi or another set up?

Cheers,

Mike

arnoldvilleneuve

Sat May 14, 2016 8:07 pm

I downloaded the image and used windisk32 imager. The image goes on the SD ok but my Rpi3 won't boot! Any suggestions?

arnoldvilleneuve

Sat May 14, 2016 9:18 pm

PressPi does not appear to work with a Raspberry Pi 3!!! Too bad because it looks really cool.

Rionoskae

Sat May 14, 2016 9:25 pm

I'm assuming that you are using v3.00 ?

arnoldvilleneuve

Sat May 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Yes, PressPi_v3.img

8 flashes: SDRAM not recognised. You need newer bootcode.bin/start.elf firmware.
This is what happens on boot up. The screen has the four pixels full size on it and then it flashes slowly four green lights and then quickly four more green lights.

I have tried NOOBS and two other images on the same SD card and it works fine.

I used Windisk32image software and verified the image after it was put on the SD card. Tried two different SD cards. Still won't boot.

Has anyone else here got PressPi_V3.img working with a Raspberry Pi 3?

arnoldvilleneuve

Sat May 14, 2016 9:39 pm

One of the things the Linux RPi troubleshooting page says to do is replace the bootcode.bin and start.elf files with new ones. I tried that without any luck.

Rionoskae

Sat May 14, 2016 10:04 pm

I'll try to get my hands on a 3 and test it personally soon.

In the mean time, i did my usual updates for the latest raspberry pi model so it should work. Can you try running SD formatter and re-imaging and see if that works for you?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

arnoldvilleneuve

Sat May 14, 2016 11:40 pm

I used Mini Wizard Partition tool and deleted all of the partitions. Then I formatted it first with Fat32. SD Formatter will not see the SD card evidently until it has a formatted partition. Then I formatted it using SD Formatter with a Full Erase. Then I used Windisk32image program to put PressPi_V3 on the micro USB. This time however I used a USB 2 slot instead of USB 3.

Wait a second. Sometimes you can be to stupid for your own good. :shock: I just realized while staring at the Windisk32image software that I am using a custom version that was designed specifically for ODROIDs, another SBC that I have been playing with. I just downloaded the generic Windisk32image software and installed it. I am now burning an image.

And nope, still does not work. Same issue. Screen goes to the four colour pixels and 8 green lights which according Linux RPI troubleshooting web site means that bootcode.bin and start.elf are too old.

Really hope you come up with an RPi3 version soon.

arnoldvilleneuve

Sun May 15, 2016 12:26 am

Ok, I got BerryBoot working and have installed two OSs. How to I install PressPi now within that setup? Please provide a link to your instructions.

arnoldvilleneuve

Sun May 15, 2016 2:22 am

I tried the PressPi 2.32 version and it did not work either on the RPi3. Just so you know.

arnoldvilleneuve

Sun May 15, 2016 2:23 am

arnoldvilleneuve wrote:Ok, I got BerryBoot working and have installed two OSs. How to I install PressPi now within that setup? Please provide a link to your instructions.
Is there a version of BerryBoot that will allow you to download and install PressPi?

Rionoskae

Sun May 15, 2016 1:45 pm

I should be able to get my hands on a Raspberry Pi model 3 in a few days. So I should have a working version soon. Life is pretty busy here lately though - so I don't have an ETA for you.

In any event, back to your last question - Yes it is my understanding that the latest build of BerryBoot should come pre-loaded with PressPi as an option. If that is not the case - You can download the pre-release version HERE.

~Cheers

arnoldvilleneuve

Sun May 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Ok, I have the most recent version of BerryBoot installed. I have installed Debian Jessie and RetroPie already. I am now in the process of downloading PressPi to the SD via the BerryBoot CIFS network feature. Only 3.5 hours to go :roll: We will get there yet! I'll keep you posted.

Return to “Networking and servers”