Shalsum

Re: HowTo - Mumble server

Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello,
I installed the mumble server pn my pi.
The problem i now have is that i get an error for false channel name when i try to create a new channel. How and what to do?

dualcells

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Have you tried using the script to control the daemon?
Try this:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/mumble-server stop

jwilliam

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:22 am

sorry, new to RPi.

What can the mumble in RPi do?
I'm researching in building a voice communication via WiFi with RPi.
Can mumble be used for voice communication via RPis?
Appreciate for some answer as i'm doing a school project.

Thanks!

TomB1961

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Hallo,
my name is Thomas and i'm from Hannover Germany
First let me say my english isn't so good and i'am new in this board, and also with mumble :shock:

I have set up two raspberry pi 3b as translation systems (secound is spare) for my church. So the moderator uses a smartphone with headset and can speek, all other clients (also mobile devices with headset), only can hear the moderator. All using Mumble or Plumble App.

The Raspberrys settet up with newest Raspian-Jessy and latest availible Mumble-Server Package.

For administration i use an Windows 10 with Mumble Client 1.2.19 because is needed to configure the moderator.

Both clients are perfectly runnung but.......

Now my problem on both maschines is:

After every reboot of the raspberry the Mumble-Client get the message "Access denied", when i try to connect. So i'm looking for a solution and find an workarround but i'm not verry happy with this.

Whe i open a session over Putty, i have to reconfigure the Mumble-Server by typing:"$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mumble-server" (Mumble-Server start on automatic on boot, Prio for Mumble-Server and SuperUser Password) After this all works fine again. :o

I think Mumble-Server on Raspberry don`t save the config correctly or something like that, i don't know. :cry:

My dream is, that anybody can use the system, without problems, but this is realy a problem, why so i have to go every time to church, then they wants to use the system. Every time i have to use this workarround....

2 other churches use also this system since more than one year and dont have this problem, but i think they have an older Raspi (2B), older Raspian-System and an older Mumble-Server-Package.

Is there anybody know about this problem and can help me?

Best regards Thomas

TheMiddle36

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi, hoping someone can help me further my project.

I have 2 pi’s and am using a mumble iOS app.
I got the server running perfectly on my Pi home-server, and I can use the iOS app to test.

There doesn’t seem to be much info on using a pi as a client though?

Does anyone have any experience of using Mumble-Web (https://github.com/Johni0702/mumble-web) I’m hoping to be able to write a web page with a button to act as PTT, and maybe a visualisation when receiving audio from other clients?

Cheers,
Nick

sora03

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 am

mumble in a Pi as a client? you need to install mumble client package using apt-get.
I also am searching for a way to make the PI as a client without the GUI since I am in a headless Pi. I read somewhere that there is a Go implementation of mumble client...
FLOSS enthusiast, Debian user (linux-libre)

PiGraham

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:33 am

sora03 wrote:
mumble in a Pi as a client? you need to install mumble client package using apt-get.
I also am searching for a way to make the PI as a client without the GUI since I am in a headless Pi. I read somewhere that there is a Go implementation of mumble client...
You may be thinking of talkiepi headless mumble client in go
https://github.com/dchote/talkiepi

sora03

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:38 am

PiGraham wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:33 am
sora03 wrote:
You may be thinking of talkiepi headless mumble client in go
https://github.com/dchote/talkiepi
yes that's it
FLOSS enthusiast, Debian user (linux-libre)

tfraley

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Good day

Quick question

Can you connect a Mumble Client to a Mumble client without a server?

I need a 1 to 1 connection and wondering if this would be the answer.
It would be on a local network no internet needed.

Can it be client to client or would I need a server as well?
Thinking a raspberry on both sides running clients

thanks

Return to “Networking and servers”