AaronAlpha

SSH

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi everybody!

My problem is that i can't forward the port 22 on my router because I forgot the router's admin password and I cant't raset it, but I need to access my RPi Model B from all the world (a.e. in the school). So I solved it with LogMeIn Hamachi and it works great! The only problem is that is veeery slow... Now my question is: is there an alternative???

Thanks
@@r0n

apples723

Re: SSH

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 pm

See I'm in the same boat as you but I dont even understand how you got hamachi to work in the first place mine didn't work could you point me at the instructions you followed? Ohh and I'm a student in high school and you plan on using port forwarding to connect you can get that out of the question because schools block that kind of thing with firewalls school internet is the most locked down internet besides the goverment. trust me I know. sorry i couldnt answerer your question

ripat

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:33 pm

You can setup a reverse ssh tunnel to bypass your home firewall.

google "reverse ssh tunnel" and you will find a lot of tutorials on how to set it up.
Using Linux command line usually boils down to these three things:
#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

MightyDjinn

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:49 pm

ssh -R <local unused port here>:localhost:22 [email protected]

klricks

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:02 am

AaronAlpha wrote:Hi everybody!

My problem is that i can't forward the port 22 on my router because I forgot the router's admin password and I cant't raset it, but I need to access my RPi Model B from all the world (a.e. in the school). So I solved it with LogMeIn Hamachi and it works great! The only problem is that is veeery slow... Now my question is: is there an alternative???

Thanks
Most routers have a reset button that you hold down for so many seconds or hold down when powering up.
That will reset the password to the default= admin admin on many routers.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

lazarus78

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:52 pm

klricks wrote:
AaronAlpha wrote:Hi everybody!

Thanks
Most routers have a reset button that you hold down for so many seconds or hold down when powering up.
That will reset the password to the default= admin admin on many routers.
Or here is a list.

http://www.phenoelit.org/dpl/dpl.html

Return to “Networking and servers”