triciabellasario

Re: VPN advise

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:03 pm

I understand what you actually want to know. See, that's some tricky stuff, because the first thing a VPN does is anonymize your IP address. And refraining a VPN from not doing that would require technical assistance. Moreover, as you know that encryption will be taking place in the process so the main thing that I would prefer is to get a fast VPN service, because although you have setup everything on Raspberry Pi, it would really bug you and your users if website's response is slow.

chaotiq

Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi, may I suggest http://www.vpngate.net/en/, it's free , reliable, and from my experience quite fast.

willieaames

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:24 am

openvpn is more secure. You need to get openvpn client, Such as purevpn or expressvpn, Read openvpn details in this Purevpn review

sarahadames

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:22 am

I would highly recommend ExpressVPN for you, it has huge number of list and wide range of server location which will allow you to choose your desire location from where ever you want. its also 100% working with China and all over the world. with that reason i called them best China VPN

FrankA

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:27 am

There are many vpn services which provide great encryption allowing you to stay anonymous and secure. But the only problem is to choose the best one. At first I’d like to recommend you some free trials. In fact their opportunities are restricted, but you may understand the main features anyway. Best free vpns consist of only several services; the choice is not so high. But I think it is enough to understand how it works.
And only then you may look for the service you should pay for.

nickonstick

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:49 pm

saronsam wrote:There have more than many VPN providers in the Industry but few of them are providing excellent vpn service and features.
I have used PrivateInternetAccess VPN and i believe it is worthy. Not only it is cheap but it is fast and provide excellent server performance and connectivity.
It offers 2848+ Servers in 20+ Countries and compatible on android and IOS.
You will get much more about PIA and some exclusive offers in its detailed PrivateInternetAccess Review
I have also used PIA and it is great and cheap. Plus I have get that in an offer so I got it with 30% discount.

willieaames

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:38 am

lukedevis wrote:If you care about security and privacy I'd recommend either of these: Express VPN, PIA or IPvanish, Express VPN is a bit pricey but it worth it.
Agreed, expressvpn is pricey but still the best for torrenting and for privacy. The average cost of Express VPN per month for 12 month subscribers is $8.32 per month. But 35% discount coupon listed in this expressvpn review.

jfre9193

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:08 pm

If you want to host your own, try this https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm locking this thread as the OP has plenty of answers.....and it's just a spam magnet.
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Return to “Networking and servers”