ajws7036

Best Web Server?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Hello, So I use XAMPP on my pc, and I would like to do a similar task on my pi: a simple, one-click installation. Is there any AMP server available like so for the pi? Like would running

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi $ sudo apt-get install lamp
work? Or Do I have to do it the "hard" way? Thanks!

technion

Re: Best Web Server?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:37 am

Hi,

There's no "one click" here, but honestly, the LAMP install process is well and truely documented, and with a copy and paste you and operate in 2-3 lines, how "hard" is it really?

tonyhughes

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:56 am

Baked Linux Mod will install it all for you.

Still ironing out lotsa bigs after a big update - lemme know if you have any trouble.

ajws7036

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:31 pm

My bad, I suppose the way I got it up and running wasn't all that "hard". So anyways, I've got apache2, mysql, phpmyadmin, php5, and even webmin up and running. My new question is.. I want to use the Virtual Hosts feature on apache. How can I set it up so that anyone connected to the same network as my raspberry pi can just type in my desired url "http://raspberry.pi" and be taken to my pi's IP address? My plan was to use dnsmasq, but It doesn't seem to want to work. May the fact that I kept the hostname of my raspberry pi as "raspberrypi"?

ajws7036

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:37 pm

How then, would I set this up on my router to direct it to my pi? and Also, say I needed to de a fresh complete reinstallation of apache... as in remove every last bit of it... how would I go about doing this?

scarja

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:20 pm

you need to add a dns record in your router (most routers won't allow this).

My router for example doesn't allow me so i internally use the ip address, externally i have no-ip.biz address setup and my router setup to route anything on port 80 or 443 or 22 to my raspberrypi ip address.
Obviously this will all be made easier by making a reservation for your pi in your dhcp configuration.

Return to “Networking and servers”