arehexes

DLNA VPN help

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 am

Hello wizards of the Pi, I have a question. I have VPN on my network running fine, and minidlna on my pi working fine on their own, but if i log into vpn i can't see the minidlna server. is there something Im not doing right?

Thijxx

Re: DLNA VPN help

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:13 am

Hi Arehexes,

Maybe your VPN creates a virtual network not connected to your physical network. You can check this by looking up the IP and subnet of your client device when connected with VPN and compare it to the network settings of the host (your Pi).

I think you need to bridge your VPN to the physical network to use the MiniDLNA.
Or you enable IP Forwarding: http://www.ducea.com/2006/08/01/how-to- ... -in-linux/ because I think that's the way I did it.

Cheers, Thijs
Mimi: Where'd you come from?
Doyle: My mom and the authorities are still trying to figure that out.

arehexes

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Ok I'm not a networking kind of guy, I just know bare basics to get around, but since the router is the VPN server I would look into that instead of the Pi itself correct?

Richdotward

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi

Just wondering if you ever got minidlna working over vpn?

Ive got my android nexus 4 working on my pi vpn server, all works perfect except dlna is not found.

Internet ok, can even connect to the dlna webpage on port 8200 using the internal network ip but no dlna is picked up on android dlna players.

When logged in the router web interface it shows my phone on the network with an valid network ip.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Rich

Return to “Networking and servers”