Devon Mafia

Re: Networking with the PI is making me feel hopless

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:23 am

:D

pffft windows

I have a big ubuntu partition, I sussed out how to ssh in in the command line, what settings will ubuntu have to be at for the pi to share the internet, ubuntu is all very alien to me.

I always wanted to use linux and snort at windows, i will feel like a REAL nerd, perhaps im learning

Devon Mafia

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 pm

What is the wired and wireless settings for ubuntu supposed to be? fire-starter doesn't really help, specially when you messed with the settings too much and dont know how to tell ubuntu to get the addresses to log on the net autimatically

Is it also possible to set up my my PCs connection to the internet manually, maybe this way that ip address is spared fpr something else

Devon Mafia

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I ACTUALLY GOT TINTERNET ON THE PIE :O

I used firestarter and sshed in...no I dont know how it works or how to make it happen again
I just cant remember now why I wanted internet on it in the first place :/

Im having trouble ssh-ing in ubuntu though, it tells me to do some changing of keys changing configuration and after it worked.

check this though -It doesnt work again, Icant ssh int says "no route to host!"-

Ah well there's a moral to this story and its this; windows doesn't do clever things and makes stuff not work.

Return to “Networking and servers”