mpalomer

SSH into Raspberry Pi via bluetooth - Has anyone done this?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 am

I'm not too familiar with how bluetooth works, so I'm not sure how to make something like this work. The plan is to be able to run the Raspberry Pie headless and to SSH to it wirelessly from my PC, so I can access it with only the power cable connected to it. I was originally planning on using WiFi but I also plan to tote the Pi around and want to be able to SSH into it in places where I might not be able to connect to a WiFi network.

Also, is it possible to connect multiple devices to a device with a bluetooth receiver simultaneously (for example, a keyboard and mouse)?

ghans

Re: SSH into Raspberry Pi via bluetooth - Has anyone done th

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:38 am

Did you try SSH over USB ?
It's a bit convoluted AFAIK , but it does work.
There is a guide for Android mobiles somewhere.
For others google "usbnet".

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

mpalomer

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 am

ghans wrote:Did you try SSH over USB ?
It's a bit convoluted AFAIK , but it does work.
There is a guide for Android mobiles somewhere.
Would that just be connecting the PC to the Pi directly with a USB cable, and accessing it in that way?

ghans

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 am

Yes , but i'm not sure if this works under Windows.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “Networking and servers”