I would like to consult you about an issue that I have. I want to have a Raspberry Pi that can communicate via :
- Wi-Fi ad-hoc with other Raspberry in the same mode,
- Wi-Fi access point, with other kinds of devices, for example, mobiles,
- A gateway for the Internet, such as Ethernet or cellular wireless interfaces (ppp0).
In such a way :
Internet <=> Raspberry Pi (with Internet access) <=> other Raspberry Pi (connected via ad-hoc)* (zero or more) <=> the mobile user
I have :
- Raspberry Pi 3Bs
- USB Wi-Fi dongles (Edimax EW-7811 Un)
Following various tutorials, I managed to create everything, and they work separately.
So I set the built-in Wi-Fi interface (wlan0) to the ad-hoc mode and a USB Wi-Fi dongle (wlan1) to the access point mode, with some way to get to the Internet.
For example, setting an ad-hoc network with 3 Raspberry Pi work, in another case, setting an access point and make mobile users navigate on the Internet works (in the case there is no ad-hoc network), but using them together doesn't work.
The symptoms are:
- the ad-hoc network is working, the access point isn't but the name appears on the user's mobile. If anyone tries to connect to the access point: the Raspberry Pi freezes.
- in some cases, because I didn't fix the name of the interfaces, the interface names get swapped: the access point interface is on wlan0 and the ad-hoc interface is on wlan1. In this case, the user who connects to the access point gets access to the Internet, but no message gets on the ad-hoc network.
- I tried setting up the ad-hoc network both manually and using Batman.
Does anyone have a clue on this topic ?
Thank you in advance.