I'm researching how to get a classic HP 5000 Laserjet Printer working on my home network. My HP Printer does not support a wireless network card but does support a 10/100BT network card. There are 10's of thousands of decent older solid printers out there that could be re-purposed back into production. I'd like to be able to print from Windows machines Iphones & Android devices
Most important objects to achieve here is
1) Get Windows machines printing
2) Get IOS phones printing
3) Get Android phones printing
In the above order..
Here's my experience so far.
1) Sudo apt-get install hplib had no effect (this older HP Printer isn't supported)
2) Buy a HP620N jet direct card and install that
3) Either set the Raspberry Pi up as either
B) A network Bridge
I've RP 2 with a working WiFi dongle & the Ethernet connection..
If an administrator sees this post (and I've posted in the wrong location,) please move this posting to the correct forum
If someone has already tackled this issue, then please point me in the correct direction? I did search the forums but my search may not have been totally & completely exhaustive in this regard..
Thanks for any help!