Hey guys, so I'm trying to set up my new raspberry pi 4 with an external hdd usb 3.0 with samba in raspbian. The thing is it's giving me great speeds for reading, but really slow and unreliable write speeds.
Things I've tried so far:
* It's connected to gigabit ethernet
* It's connected to USB 3.0
* It's not the UAS issue, already tried that
* I've tried using some parameters in samba but didn't change anything (even more made it slightly worse) socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
* It's not the alpha rpi firmware, I have not installed that
* Tried noatime in fstab, no changes
* It's not an issue with the external HDD, it's running at full speed (or near, about 60MB/s) copying files within raspbian
One thing I've found strange, was that writing on my sd card is slow, gets me around 8-9MB/s, which is the same speed I'm seeing when writing via samba AND it's the same speed I'm seeing when writing from the HDD to the sd card WITHIN raspbian.
So I'm running out of things to try. Has anyone gone through something similar?