S0zan

ADSL signal through Raspberry pi

Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:38 am

Hi,
Can I receive ADSL signal through Raspberry pi 3 model B+, and analysis the signal and get information from it?
thank you.

DougieLawson

Re: ADSL signal through Raspberry pi

Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:58 am

ADSL == Asymmetric digital subscriber line

That's a telephone signal that's is normally decoded by an ADSL modem to give a connection to a backbone wide area network hosted at the telephone exchange.

The Raspberry won't run as an ADSL modem without additional external equipment.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

S0zan

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 am

Hello,

I think, I wasn't be clear in the post I will ask again.

I have to do project, it is complicated a little bit. The project has two parts and it is a communication project.
The First part is about make VoIP system using Raspberry PI as a system server and I have to make FXO interface by myself. I made it by using SI3050 and SI3019 ICs. I don't have a problem in this part.
Note before read second part: in my country we use ADSL over POTS.
The second part is about get POTS line and connect it to Raspberry, the same one in the first part, and use Raspberry as a DSP for process ADSL signal. I know that I can't conect POTS line directly to Raspberry and I have to use interface for this. And I search about using Raspberry as a DSP, I found that we can't use it for many reasons but we can used it only for simple DSP operations.
know my question is can Raspberry used as DSP for ADSL? and if it possible, can Raspberry do multi tasks? in this project it will be a VoIP server and DSP for ADSL.
Thank you.

mattmiller

Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:23 am

is can Raspberry used as DSP for ADSL?
No

Return to “Networking and servers”