edlentz

Webpage loads on some devices and not others

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:31 pm

I setup a RPI3 with Raspian about a month ago. I installed Apache2 with PHP7. I created a webpage that simply has the date and time on it to start. I setup a couple of Android tablets to show this page in a couple of rooms for the house. All was working well. I go on vactationa and there is a coule of power hiccups and all of the sudden the page won't load on tablets, or at least it will work on my laptop, and my android phone, the other devices say the page is unreachable. Even the PHP info page I have there is unreachable. I rebooted the Pi with the same result. Anyone have an idea what might be going on? I have no firewall at all on the Pi.

Thanks

pfletch101

Re: Webpage loads on some devices and not others

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:48 pm

You haven't given us a great deal to go on, but I would wonder if the 'power hiccups' rebooted your router and resulted in your Pi getting a different IP address, which could be confusing your tablets. For this and other reasons, it is often a good idea to set up one's router to assign 'fixed' IP addresses to devices that may need to be accessed from multiple systems within the home network.

edlentz

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 am

I know I didn't give much info, not much to give. The ip for the pi is static through the router so that is correct. I rebooted the tablets and got the same issue.

gkaiseril

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:57 am

Have you checked to see if the tablets' IP addresses have changed?

Return to “Networking and servers”