Antman1987

Citadel on RPI already running Apache webserver

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Evening all, Fairly new to the RPI however I love tinkering with stuff. I've been building webservers for various reasons for about 10 years or so, Not on a professional level just as a hobby.

I Have, Apache and PHP installed currently on my RPI to learn PHP and would like to have Email Functionality on there, First of all I used Postfix which I could get installed and receive mail but couldn't get this to send mail. A bit more research brought me to Citadel.

I've managed to install Citadel but get errors saying Address in use however when I disable apache and restart citadel I can navigate to the Web page although I set citadel to 8080...... My Question. Is it possible to use my existing apache server to host the Citadel page at example.com/mail? I want to keep my website live along with the mail on the same machine if possible, I have numerous RPI's if they need to be separate however would prefer to use 1.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

SurferTim

Re: Citadel on RPI already running Apache webserver

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:07 am

If you get sendmail or postfix installed, you should be able to send mail using the PHP mail function.

Antman1987

Re: Citadel on RPI already running Apache webserver

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 pm

I installed Postfix and followed the tutorial and got as far as the testing stage. I was able to receive Mail however could not send, everything kept getting returned no matter what address I sent to. I will have a look at send mail and see if that works any better.

Return to “Networking and servers”